Friday, August 01, 2008

it was bound to happen

hair today gone tomorrow. my hair had a rough time staying attached to my head this morning, I woke up in a pile of hair cushioning my slumber, Cameron and I took turns pulling out chunks until it totally freaked Katelyn out and then we decided to wait until she and Dallin went off to the zoo with some of the young women in the ward (aren't they sweet) Louise washed my sheets and refused to let me back in them until my head was properly shorn, so we had at it. I was a bit upset about it yesterday, I knew it was coming and I had the night to come to grips with it so I think the actually shaving ceremony was rougher on Louise then myself. Cameron still thinks I'm beautiful Grant isn't sure what to think of me and the kids have yet to see me hairless. so we will see how that goes. I'm going to have to get in the habit of wearing more jewelry. so I still feel womanly. it's going to take some getting use to. thanks for your love and support.

Elisabeth, the hairless wonder.


round two went fine, It was better in some ways because I knew what was coming and worse in others because I knew what was coming. Cameron sat and read to me the majority of the time. while I waited to be infused. my tumor is shrinking, from a 5 cm to 2 or 3 cm. so that's great news. I haven't had much of an appetite. nothing sounds good and I've been sleeping like a mad women, Louise has been various in protecting my precious slumber. I haven't felt well. just an overall blah. but that's how it was the first week last time too. I should feel better this weekend and next week I should feel fantastic. hopefully.

8 comments:

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

Girl, you make bald look beautiful!! I can't imagine how hard it was to 'come to grips' with everything, but from my seat you are doing amazingly well. Great news about the tumor getting smaller....you are always on my mind.

cindave said...

LOVE the mohawk! you should've kept that! :)

Janelle said...

You are a brave brave girl. I love the picture with the black hat -- very fun!

Carrie said...

I really like the Sigourney Weaver look. I'm definitely not brave enough to do it, but it sure does look cute on you! I'm so happy that your tumor is smaller! I think about you often. Keep us posted with the blog updates!

Paul and Malinda said...

I am coming home on Tuesday night so if you need help with anything feel free to call me I'm glad you have the best attitude about all of this

Jenny said...

Hang in there...you are in our prayers! I like the white hat best!

betsey said...

Hey Elisabeth! I've enjoyed reading your blog and have been meaning to comment for a long time...Sorry I'm so lame! Anyway I wanted to say that your head is absolutley BEAUTIFUL! It looks great and hats suit you very well! Keep up the amazing bravery! You are inspiring us all!!!

Trailer Queen of Middle GA said...

Your picture with the short hair before the buzz sure reminds me of your Aunt Janet. I like the hats. Love you bunches. Mom