Monday, August 04, 2008
Car Trouble
On Saturday Louise, Cameron and I attempted to go to the temple for a friends sealing, we got to Orlando, and were getting ready to take the exit we needed when the gas peddle stopped working, everything else was fine, just no gas, so Cameron pulled over restarted the car and was able to drive a block or so before it stopped again, we spent the entire day getting a tow truck and waiting at the mechanics trying to figure out how to get home and waiting to see if they would be able to get things working. It was a very long day. and truthfully I didn't feel at that well. Thankfully we didn’t have to kids with us and no one was hurt. Cameron’s Cousin Blake came to our rescue and drove from Tampa, one and a half hours, to pick us up. On his way over the mechanic told us he thought he could fix it and we could drive it home. He finished it soon after Blake pulled up, so he followed us back to Tampa and took Louise to his house while we picked up the kids from Liz. We then went to Jen and Blake’s house and the kids played while we talked. I had been wearing my short wig all day and it was itchy and uncomfortable. On the drive home, Katelyn asked, “why are you wearing that hair mommy?” I told her, because I think it’s beautiful. Don’t you think it’s beautiful? Dallin pipped up, “no it’s not bu-ti-ful” when we walked in the door, Katelyn turned to me and said, “time to take off your hair mommy” she reached up and I let her take off my wig. And asked her “is that better?” Dallin shouted “yes that bet-ter” apparently my kids don’t care for my wig.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
yech - car trouble. it's miserable when it happens, and even more so when you feel crummy. i'm sorry, but i'm glad nobody was hurt.
I didn't know you guys were in FL...I'm from Daytona! BTW, this is Katie Green from BYU 114th. I thought this post was funny because my mom had radiation for cancer a couple of years ago and got the free wig and she wanted a long blonde one with a sequin-lined headband just to live it up. My husband also used that wig as part of his halloween costume last year. Good times with the wigs :) Hang in there, chica!
What a crazy day. I hope you guys made it home ok and that you were able to rest. I know I always tell you this but I constantly think about you and I pray for you always. You are a beautiful Elisabeth. You kids are so so cute. Hang in there. You are such a strong woman.
Post a Comment