Saturday, July 12, 2008

My appointments went well this week. they put in a port on Wednesday and I was sore but the next day I hung out with some friends at the aquarium and then on Friday Dr Lee took out 4 lymph nodes under my arm and so far it looks like there is no cancer in my lymphatic system... hurray! Louise, Cameron's mom is here to help and she is like having an entire army at my disposal. which is a good thing because the surgery on Friday was a bit rough. it went well I just can't do much, I'm not suppose to lift anything heaver then a half gallon of milk.... and although all my kids are skinny they aren't that skinny. so she and Cameron have had to pick up the slack and they have been amazing. Cameron is getting ready to apply for residency and we are trying to come up with a great personal statement, it's suppose to be about one page and tell everything about him in an interesting and unique way. we spent our in between appointment time on Friday trying to come up with something, if you have any great stories let us know.

4 comments:

cindave said...

i have a great story. it's about when cameron found out that his wife had breast cancer. he was strong and cheerful for the good of the family, and picked up the slack where it was needed, and i'm sure didn't utter any complaints about it. (at least that's how you portray him on the blog.) you're a good guy, cameron.

Janelle said...

Ditto to the comments about Cameron. Great guy! Where is he applying for residency? And in what field?

Maria said...

Hey Elizabeth. I am so glad there was no cancer in the lymph nodes. I hope you are getting better. I love your new look by the way. Very trendy and cool. Tell Cameron we say good luck with his personal statement. We know he will do great wherever he goes. I think about you often. Take care.

hotlasagna said...

He eats otter pops like no one I know... and he's pretty good with a weed whip... what is Cameron going to do residency in? Will he apply to UK? Please write his personal statement such that we could change the name and use it for me...