Tuesday, July 08, 2008
More Changes.
My oncologist has ordered more testing for me. I will do another MRI to check out an abnormality on my liver and Ovaries, The doctor doesn’t seem to be concerned, she said 7 out of 10 people have something on their liver and ovaries but she would like to find out what it is, she also is having me do a MUGA… I think… which is a scan of my heart to make sure it can handle the Chemo treatments. I’m also scheduled for some ultra sounds, but I honestly can’t remember what they are for, I think it’s a double check on those abnormalities. Originally I was scheduled to do these tests on Thursday, and do the surgeries on Friday, then I got a call this afternoon saying they weren’t able to schedule the port surgery on the same day as the lymph node surgery so the Port surgery is Wednesday, and the lymph node surgery is still Friday. So I would have had to go to The Moffitt Cancer Center almost every day this week. After many phone calls and some miracle working by the schedulers we worked it out so that I will have some of the Thursday testing done on Wednesday and some done on Friday. So now I don’t have to go in on Thursday, I think I’ll sleep on that day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
ugh!! can any of this be easy for you?!!? my goodness...you are so calm and sweet. i would be an ogre by now! really, i am taking notes on how to be more like you....
I'm guessing you're going to be doing a lot of sleeping in the coming months. I can't believe how much you've got going on appointment-wise. How do you keep track of it all?
You seem to be doing fairly well, all things considered. I'm glad to see that.
elisabeth - i wish you were here so i could help watch your kids, clean your bathrooms, make you dinner...something!!! i feel totally helpless, but i think about you all the time, and you are still in my prayers. eat as much chocolate as you feel like, and nobody would think twice if you gained 50 pounds! don't worry about that. just focus your energy on getting healthy!!
Our family is thinking of you and your family all the time. We are so sorry that you are going through this. We love you and wish we got to see you more often.
Oh Elizabeth I wish I were closer I would help you everyday! Sleep well on Thursday and our prayers are with you.
I will totally take on bathroom duty! I know after today's surgery you are wiped, so just let me know what I can do and I will see you Friday afternoon. :)
wow....that's a lot of stuff to have to do all at once. Hopefully you can sleep on Thursday :)
I hope you're getting all the help you need! I can't imagine! I wish you lived in Utah and I could entertain your kids and change diapers and all that essential mom stuff. Hang in there! You're in my prayers every day--even when I'm too sleepy to know what I'm saying, I throw in a plea for you and your family.
You are an amazing woman!! I think of you every day...I can't imagine what you must be going through right now. Know that you are loved...and you are always in our prayers.
Elisabeth, I found your blog surfing through other people's from our old ward and I am so sad to hear about your health concerns. I hope everything will be OK for your beautiful family. I hope you don't mind, I'm adding you as a link to my page -- http://katieandbrygreen.blogspot.com/
You'll definitely be in our prayers!
Post a Comment