Saturday, June 28, 2008

the short version.

I met with the doctors yesterday. they did a lymph node biopsy, it came back clear. We also did a CT scan, we will get the results next week. the testing done so far looks good.
The plan of attack is: Mastectomy (removing the entire breast) in 2 weeks, 3 ish weeks of recovery time, Chemotherapy for 12ish weeks after that, radiation after that. Over all this will be a 6 to 8 month process from start to finish and I will lose my hair.
a bone scan is scheduled for next week.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well. That sounds like a mixed bag you got. It's great that the lymph nods were clear.

Hair grows back and it may even grow back wavey. It could be a new look for you. Then when it does grow back it will be baby soft again.

After all is said in done it is amazing what those doctors can do with reconstruction surgery these days.

My grandpa is having Chemo and he has lost some wieght and some hair, but he still has mainly good days. He's an old man and doesn't have three wonderful happy childern surrounding him to make him smile like you do.

Elisabeth you are strong enough in faith and in body to put on the fight of your life. I think you will kick butt too.

Anonymous said...

We love you so much. You are such a strong, postivie person. Good luck in the weeks to come. You and your family are in our prayers.

Julia said...

Glad to hear the lymph nodes were clear. You'll be in my prayers for sure! Keep fighting!

Anonymous said...

Elisabeth you sound so strong and calm! I am amazed at how you are taking this all in. Kevin and I will have you and your family in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

On a totally different note, that new picture of your family is darling!

Super B said...

WOW. that is all I can think to say. I don't know what to say right now except that we are here for you. You are in our prayers and we are very hopeful that things will go well for you and your family. Please, please let us know if there is anything we can do to help you.
Love,
the robinsons

Mother 25 - 8 said...

OK, so I read both, the "long" version and the "shortened" version. I was thinking about you this morning and I thought, "Man, Elisabeth could write and publish and entire book about this whole thing." You're a great writer and when I read your stuff, it's like I'm right there, seeing you, feeling what you're feeling, etc. I love your honesty and strength. You're amazing Elisabeth!

My sister-in-law had chemo. She actually liked her face better when she was bald!! I remember seeing a pic of her and saying, "you look good bald!" and she said that she really liked how she looked, too. Her hair has of course grown back and such, but she did like it bald!

You're in my prayers and thoughts. I know you and your family will be blessed through this.

Maria said...

Hi Elisabeth.I've been thinking about you so much. Just know that my thoughts and prayers are with you guys. That is good news that the cancer didn't spread to the right breast. I am so glad you have Cameron there to comfort you adn take care fo you.

Julianne said...

I'm glad to hear that it hasn't spread! My aunt's hair grew in curly after going through chemo. She looks terrific with her chic, short hair. I'm sure you'll look beautiful no matter how much or how little hair you have. I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking about you and praying for you.