Friday, June 13, 2008

A little out of the Loop and a bit loopy

I've had this on going saga with this clogged milk duct, mastitis ginormous lump thing and finally on Wednesday I had an appointment to get a biopsy. unfortunately that was also one of the days I was taking care of three additional children for a friend who was having a hysterectomy. I got the girls on Sunday night and was planning to return them Thursday sometime, thinking this biopsy was no big deal and it couldn't possibly effect my ability to care for 6 children.

boy was I wrong... not to get into too many gross, nitty gritty details but instead of a one hour procedure involving a few needles and perhaps a scalpel it was a three hour procedure involving far more tools then I wish to recall only one of which was a needle that was actually the only thing bringing me comfort at it was used to reapply the local anesthesia as the doctor tried to extract the orange size lump that had developed. That night I was in so much pain I couldn't move my left side and the next morning I was so loopy from the pain medication I couldn't formulate a full sentence.

thankfully I have people who love me and who watched my kids, and cleaned my house. I am so blessed.

8 comments:

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

oh man...that sounds awful. i hope you feel better soon and can figure out what is going on!!

Stephanie said...

OH MAN>>> Wish I would have known, I would have helped. Call me if you need anything. SO SORRY!!

cindave said...

OH MY GOSH!! Elisabeth, that sounds horrible! I'm so sorry! Was the growth from the mastitis, or were they checking it for something else? Please email me if you're willing to share more details and don't want to post them on your blog. Good luck, and I'm thinking about you.

Janelle said...

Ugh...I'm so sorry to hear that. I've only dealt with being engorged a couple of times that have been really painful, but not mastitis at all (thankfully). Hope you're feeling better.

Shannon said...

Oh elisabeth - I'm so sorry. I hope you are doing better now. YOu are a saint to keep 6 kids when you have all that going on. I realize some were your own, but still!!

Miss you. Wish I could have been there to help!

love,
Britt

Maria said...

Oh that is horrible. I hope you are feeling a whole lot better. I hope you had someone who watched the kids for you while you were at the doctors. Take care.

Brianne said...

I was beginning to wonder if everything was okay when you hadn't had a post for so long... and it wasn't! I am so sorry, I wish I were closer. You are amazing to watch six children even if you didn't have something like that going on. Good Luck I hope things start getting better from now on.

Carrie said...

I hope you are feeling better! Let me know if you need anything in the future! I sure do hope it's all over now! Thanks for being a great example of strength to me!