I've realized that I'm not explaining things well so I'll start at the beginning.
in February I thought I had a clogged milk duct, due to nursing, then it seemed more like mastitis because I was sick with high fevers. so I took antibiotics for 2 weeks and the infection and fevers went away but the walnut sized mass caused by the infection was still there creating what we thought was a sissiest.
after various ultra sounds and weeks of waiting Doctor Lee at the Moffitt Cancer Center decided it was time to do a biopsy and find out what this gunk was that was now the size of a small orange. During the Biopsy she decided to take the majority of the lump out to alleviate some of the discomfort it was causing. she left some in because she didn't want to cause a huge deficit in that area. she sent the tissue that was removed to the Pathology department so they could determine what it was and they reported that it was invasive, ductal carcinoma. or in other words breast cancer.
The Doctor seems to think that perhaps the tumor caused the blockage in the milk duct which resulted in an infection... it's hard to say.
so today I had an MRI and Mammogram done. The results should be analyzed within the next couple of days. I will go in on Friday and do an ultra sound on the lymph nodes to see if they look abdominal, if there are any that do then they will do a needle biopsy of those lymph nodes to see if the cancer has spread. also on Friday I will meet with Dr Lee and I'm sure we will discuss the plan of attack.
it has been an emotional roller coaster for me and I'm sure for Cameron. We are doing our best to stay positive about this whole thing but at times the realities of what lays ahead for us can be a bit daunting. Right now I feel Great. Really I do, I am so blessed to have a wonderful family, a strong body and fabulous friends and extended family. I know the Lord is watching over me and my sweet family and I know that with Him I am strong enough to conquer ANYTHING. We are going to take this one step at a time and ask for the Lords blessing along the way.
11 comments:
Thanks for sharing. That takes courage, I'm sure. Not to minimize the whole big picture, but I can't believe you had a mammogram while you're breastfeeding!! Talk about OUCH!!!!
We'll keep you in our prayers.
hang in there elisabeth. i can't imagine how tough this must be for you and for cameron. i am so impressed with your positive attitude. you are so strong. the Lord doesn't give us more than we can handle, so you are obviously a pretty dang strong lady!
Elisabeth I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you. It sounds like you have a ton of support. I hope it turns out for the better.
Our family will keep you in our prayers. Let us know if you need any help at all. We would love to help out in any way we can.
John and Cherry
You are such a great person Elisabeth. My prayers are still with you and your sweet family! Keep smiling!
you are so strong Elisabeth! You're still in my prayers! I'm sure it's really hard to stay positive in all this like you said...you're a trooper for doing it anyway!
WOW! we're sure thinking of you. hope it all goes well!
awwww cuz. we are thinking of you and praying for you!
Everybody loves you sooooo much, Elisabeth. I know there are millions of prayers going up in your and your family's behalf.
Love ya Nena
Kevin and I just found out the news from Bill. We are both so shocked. We will be praying for you.
Post a Comment