Thursday, August 23, 2007

Halloween in August

as I was going through the stuff in Katelyn and Dallin's closet I came across last years Halloween costumes. Katelyn was a princess for Halloween last year and has three different princess costumes, When she saw the "princess dress" she striped down and put it on immediately. We showed her pictures from last year and she quickly changed into her green princess dress, it was a bit tight so she decided a green church dress would work just fine.
she also insisted that Dallin wear his monster costume... Dallin was 6 months old last October so as you can imagine it was a bit tight. but we managed to get it on and I had to snap a few pictures because there is no way Dallin will ever wear it again.
against our better judgment we reminded Katelyn of how we went Trick or Treating at Calvin's house last year. Her eyes lite up and she announced, "I want a go hick-er-heating at Cal-bin's house" She looked at us grabbed each of our hands in hers and said "shall we go?" so then we tried to explain how trick or treating is just once a year, she looked at us and with pleading in her voice said, "shall we go a marrow?" so we pulled out the calender and showed her when it would be Halloween... an eternity for a 2 year old. We spent the rest of the evening playing Trick-or-Treat. Katelyn would come to the bedroom door, knock say, Trick or Treat and we would take turns putting small toys in her out stretched bag.

1 comment:

Julia said...

I love that monster costume, I wanted to buy it for Aiden after he was born...however he was born a week before Halloween so yeah...he was a little to small for a Halloween costume!