I am officially finished with cancer treatments. It's gone fast huh? at least that's what everyone tells me... Friday was my last round of radiation. over all it went well. I never did get that sunburn effect everyone warned me about, and I was ready for it too, three different super intense lotions that don't smell that great and aloe vera to boot. I do have a spot under my arm that is tender. but it's a small spot and will not need a whole bottle of aloe vera, so I guess I'm good. . my skin did turn red, in fact I have a big red box that covers that entire side of my chest.
the appointments themselves went well, thankfully each appointment was short, sometimes very short, the part that made it long was dropping off and picking up my kids from various babysitters and the fact that the Moffitt is 40 minutes away from my house. if we hadn't moved over a year ago it would have been 3 minutes away, but then we wouldn't have free rent, I guess those are just some of the choices you make.The radiation itself went fast, most days I would sit down open a magazine and they would call me back, have me change into one of those oh so flattering gowns that every hospital sports, and lay down on an adjustable table where they would spent 10 minutes tugging and pulling on a sheet under me until my tattoos were lined perfectly with the light beams, then they would leave the room while I received the radiation, which was a lot like getting an X-Ray, I felt nothing, and I didn't even glow afterwards, I checked. and that's it. I was done, it took longer waiting for Valet to return my car then it does for the actual appointment. and that's how it went everyday for five weeks. and now I'm done.
7 comments:
Congrats Elisabeth! I am so happy for you!
I think the short hair looks GREAT on you! AND YIPPPPPPEEEE for being DONE with cancer treatments! What a great day!
YAY! You're right about living so far from Moffitt, you could have walked from your apt on Livingstone! THIS is the length I think you should keep your hair- I'm serious! I know you won't, but I think you look awesome! Wish we were there to help you celebrate- end of radiation and match day, coming up! Let us know!
So glad to hear that the treatments are over. You made it!!! Yeah!
Hooray! This is wonderful news!
Elisabeth I am so glad you made it thru. You look wonderful!
Congratulations! I am so glad that all the treatments are over. I am so happy for you and your family!
Post a Comment