Monday, March 16, 2009

bad hair day, a family affair.

(I don't particularly like this picture but it's the only one I have that shows how curly my hair has become. )

you might think this is another post about my hair, and how out of control it has gotten and you might be right if I had posted this yesterday when I tried all two of my hair styles and decided to go with a wig to stake conference. Cameron's solution to this problem... "why don't you wear a hat?"


but it's today and we have a whole other set of hair problems in this family,
each of my kids is in dyer need of a haircut so since I've been playing hair salon since preschool I didn't think twice about popping a lollypop in Grant's mouth and plopping him down in the bathroom sink for a quick cut, unfortunately despite the lollypop he was not thrilled about that and kept jerking his head away from me and push my hand away. and to make matters worse the clippers had a mind of their own and only worked when I held them at a certain angle, making hair cutting a bit tricky to say the least, no matter, I almost got most of the back done and decide this kid needs some more distraction, so I plop him in the bathtub to finish the job, to make a long story a bit shorter, the job never got finished before I moved on to child haircut number two.

Dallin noticing the distribution of lollypops gladly signs up for the next hair cut, he was sure to be easier, he holds still... sometimes. and he did, mostly, that is for the first 2 minutes until the clippers malfunctioned again, this time not working more then working, so another kid is plopped in the bathtub to finish the job, Dallin, not being too keen on the idea of scissors scoots himself to the other end of the bathtub as far away from me as possible making it incredibly hard to do a good job.

Katelyn was the next victim, she consented only after receiving the lollypop and great reassurance that I would only cut 2 or 3 inches off, and I wouldn't shave her head bald. I decided to start Katelyn in the bathtub because she still had yesterdays, slept on hairdo and there is no way I can brush that bad boy out without conditioner. after attempting a few random snips, I realize this is much too difficult in the bathtub, trying to get lower then she is to cut her hair straight, so I give up, and pull it into a cute ponytail.

so yes, in one morning I have managed to butcher three heads of hair and I didn't take a single picture, but don't worry we are going to the zoo tomorrow and the only way I will have time to fix it before we go is if the kids wake up at 6am... like they did every morning last week.. yes in deed that would be the very week after the time change... crazy kids.

1 comment:

Amy Lou said...

YAY! Now you can be all curly haired like me!!! :) I know you're SO excited! But just think...I can show you some of the curly hair tricks when I come to visit in May...if you last that long...if not, give me a call and I'll explain over the phone some of the best ways to tame the beast.