Wednesday, July 29, 2009

It hasn't taken long to get back to the waiting room of yet another doctor's office. New but strangely familiar, the only difference is these doctors don't make me wear a wrist band or seem to be concerned with finding out my medical history, weird, don't you think?



my first visit was to the Ob-GYN. The nurse practitioner came in very cheerful. We chit-chat a little and she starts talking about how she loves my curly hair and asked if it has always been that curly. so I then go into the long explanation about going through treatments for breast cancer and the chemo making my hair grow in curly. It was only at this point that she did a history and physical on me. She immediately got me lined up with the oncology department and signed up for CT scans and Mammograms and it starts... again.

1 comment:

Janetta said...

Hi this is Janetta from way back at Campus Plaza. Oh my goodness Liz! I'm sure you have been battling cancer for a while now, but I am just learning about it as I read this post. I followed a link from Julia Chandler's website. I hope you don't mind if I check in with you every now and then. I have a soft place in my heart for cancer patients...I am a leukemia survivor. It's crazy where life takes each of us, isn't it? You are such a strong person and I know you will pull through this!

P.S. My blog is private, but if you're interested, email me sometime so you can view it. janettaboone@gmail.com
Say hi to Cameron!