much of my efforts these days has gone into creating a home where our family can be safe, comfortable, spiritually uplifted, and inspired.

so here it is, some before and after shots. It is still a work in progress, I haven't dedicated myself to any drapes, and we've been hesitant to hang pictures on the wall but I know if I wait to post this until my house is just the way I want it, it probably won't be posted until we were getting ready to sell the house, because that's the way it is.
The Kitchen
before-

after- the technique we used to paint the blue is called "Rag Rolling" I found a pamphlet about it as I was searching for paint color and decided to try it, they make it look much easier then it actually is.

we bit the bullet and bought new furniture with this move, we've always gotten our furniture at garage sales or good will and then we sell it or donate it when we move, this move was no different. We looked for furniture for a good few weeks but we didn't find anything that wasn't either too expensive or ugly, and I wanted something nice to go in our nice house. this table has a leaf that folds up into it to sit 8 comfortably. It was $600 it came with 4 chairs and we bought 4 more for $200, because we wanted to be able to invite people over, plus we hope to have a big family some day, so why not?

I LOVE having all this cabinet space, I love how open the kitchen is too.

The Living Room
before- messy, I know. but hey that's life.

we didn't have furniture for the first few weeks so when ever people came over we would pull in our camping chair from outside and pull out our folding chairs, it totally reminded me of being a newly wed. also you'll notice in the kitchen is a little tiny kids table, we ate most of our meals with all 5 of us gathered around that little table.

After- ok so we didn't do much to the living room besides adding furniture, but isn't it cute?

I love having these nice soft couches, I know you think I'm crazy to have such a light color with 3 kids but it cleans easily.

Some previous owner decided to paint the fireplace poop brown, it use to be the color of brick on the outside of our house, I think the brick would have looked better but it doesn't really bother me, but don't mention it to Cameron it makes him grumpy just thinking about it.
The Kids Room
Before

After- we love the colors, it makes the room more fun don't you think?


Katelyn and Dallin sleep on the same bed so we didn't see any sense in putting up both of the twin beds, it allows more space to play too. I'm sure you are wondering where we keep the toys, they have a good size walk in closet that fit their toys nicely.

7 comments:
Your hair is really cute! I love how it's growing in.
Congrats on the new house. It looks great! I'm sure you are loving it :)
I love your house!! Seriously your kitchen and dining area are perfect, that's just what I want. Next house, perhaps! And your living room looks so elegant, look how fancy schmancy you guys are, poop brown bricks and all!
You guys got that done fast! I am impressed.
Hey Elizabeth-
Your house looks great! Can't wait to see it in person. :-) I was going to tell you that CJ and I did a faux finish on the brick in our last house that someone had painted on. If you go to this link (http://vonbose.net/2009/03/25/a-mile-a-minute/) you can kind of see what it looked liked when we moved. Previously it was a mauve type color... ugly! So, there are options with a painted fireplace to make it look a little more natural. Let me know if you want to know what we did to it (similar to ragging... just with a porous sponge). Yeah for house stuff!
LOVE IT...I love everything, you really made it look nice and I love all the colors you have chosen!!
I miss working out with you too. Actually, I find myself pulling out my workout dvd's more now that you are gone!! I MISS YOU!!!
Your house is now becoming a home and your hair looks so cute. We all miss you
Post a Comment