For a whole year up until a few weeks ago, Katelyn has wanted a pink pony birthday. she wanted Cameron to have a blue pony birthday and when that didn't pan out like she thought it should she decided she would rather have a princess birthday party, which of course translates to mean, any sort of party with a princess cake. So that's what we did. we invited a few friends and their families to come to a near by park and play in the water and have a picnic/BBQ with birthday cake. Katelyn was in heaven!
This party was voted "the best birthday party ever" by one of Katelyn's older friends... what a compliment.

Dallin decided he would rather eat mulch then play in the water with the other kids... so he sat there watching me to see if I was watching him... I think he was tired... I mean it was only a few hours past his nap time... Katelyn has fun with her friends filling up cups, buckets and other things with water then dumping them out.
Katelyn was thrilled when we found a cake with 4 princesses on it, she couldn't decide which princess she liked the best so this was perfect. The boys insisted on having a blue piece of cake. Katelyn was excited to open her presents, I think it was an unexpected surprise for her.
I found this house at Target months ago for a super good deal, I wanted to put it together to make sure all the parts were there and then hide it for her birthday so I waited until nap time, unfortunately her nap was unexpectedly short so she saw it as I was taking it down, I quickly hid it away and hoped she would forget all about it by the time her birthday rolled around, well earlier this week she asked me about it, "mommy, I want to play in that pink house. You a-member that pink house?" this girl has quite the memory. Thankfully she was still thrilled when she opened this gift and even more excited when she got to help mommy set it up.
Grandma Louise and Grandpa Bill came up later that afternoon to give us some of their old furniture (thank you!) and they had a few gifts for Katelyn, she got some dress up shoes and clothes, which she and Dallin have loved tromping around the house in, and she got a jewelry making kit, perfect for her age, and a cooking kit, she LOVES to cook with anyone who will let her. so of course not long after grandma and grandpa left she insisted we make something, so we both put on our aprons and got to work. It was Great!
No comments:
Post a Comment