I keep planning to sit down and writing a post about life with a family of five but I keep getting my mind changed. Generally when I do have time for such things I opt to take a nap and no matter how long I plan to sleep I generally only get to sleep until Katelyn, Dallin or Grant decide it's time for me to wake up. Dallin is especially good at determining when I've slept long enough. it's like he has a sensor radar on me, he plays perfectly fine with or without me until I decide to go lay down for a few minutes and no sooner does my head hit the pillow then he comes knocking on my door calling "daddy?" (we are still working on the "mommy" thing, he calls bananas mamas so Cameron has started comparing me to a banana, so now when he asks for a banana he will say "a mama peaze" and then point at me and shout “mama!” but that's the only time he calls me mama)
Except for the fact that I only sleep in two hour increments throughout the night, I don’t think it’s really hit me that we have three kids yet. My mom leaves on November 1st and I’m sure after that the realities of newbornhood will hit full force, I get small glimpses of what’s to come while my mom is napping or on the phone and I have to figure out how to nurse Grant and help Katelyn who has fallen apart because she needs Catsup for her eggs while consoling Dallin who has tried to drown himself with his cup of water.
Grant doesn’t like it when I eat chocolate, in fact when I do eat a small smiggin of chocolate he makes the experience so miserable that I have decided that it’s just not worth it. It’s all part of his plan to make me shed the baby weight before I go back to the outside world… so thoughtful.
Except for the fact that I only sleep in two hour increments throughout the night, I don’t think it’s really hit me that we have three kids yet. My mom leaves on November 1st and I’m sure after that the realities of newbornhood will hit full force, I get small glimpses of what’s to come while my mom is napping or on the phone and I have to figure out how to nurse Grant and help Katelyn who has fallen apart because she needs Catsup for her eggs while consoling Dallin who has tried to drown himself with his cup of water.
Grant doesn’t like it when I eat chocolate, in fact when I do eat a small smiggin of chocolate he makes the experience so miserable that I have decided that it’s just not worth it. It’s all part of his plan to make me shed the baby weight before I go back to the outside world… so thoughtful.
Katelyn and Dallin love Grant, they want to hold him all the time... well Katelyn does, Dallin mostly doesn't seem to notice Grant much but when Dallin does notice he want to hold him too.
2 comments:
That last picture of Dallin giving Grant his binky is so cute! He really loves his little brother!
How cute are these kids!?
Post a Comment