Tuesday, October 02, 2007

The Chase

my kids were on the verge of being put up for adoption this morning, we went to the library for story time and to get some new movies... I wish I could say they just got book but the truth is they never want to check out books, just movies. and while I was in line waiting to check out they started running around inching closer to the doors that would lead them outside. They do this thing where they chase each other, Dallin thinks it's all fun and games, Katelyn knows better but gets caught up in the moment and loses all self control. so they run outside and of course into the street, at this point I am chasing them... yes two weeks before my due date. I catch Dallin and run with him in my arms after Katelyn who is loving it. I am not at all pleased so I tell her she can't check out the princess movie she had wanted to check out.. a huge disappointment because for the past 3 weeks there hasn't been a princess movie to speak of and today she finally found one... she is crushed, Dallin doesn't get his Elmo movie either but he doesn't seem too bothered, Katelyn was so mad at me I thought she just might hate me forever, it was tempting to have her calm down and then give in and get the movie but I hate it when she makes me chase her, it doesn't happen much, three times since we moved, but it makes me so upset, probably because I am huge and she was suppose to go through this stage at Dallin's age and somehow is a late bloomer in this category. unfortunately she is much faster then she was a year and a half ago.

1 comment:

Russell said...

Oh, I hate when they make you chase them!! Brielle still does that, and I'm not sure if it was harder trying to catch her nine months pregnant, or now with a newborn, but every time we get out of the car (or in for that matter) she darts around the back of the car and starts weaving around parked cars until I can get her. (also into the road which makes it very dangerous)She always gets spanked for it, but it never deters her from doing it again the next time. Silly children! I hope everything goes well with your delivery! May you have the easiest baby in the world so that you have time to deal with your other two!
love you!
Heidi