Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Left Stranded

11 months ago we bought a van, we got a "great" deal on it. the only problem is it doesn't actually work sometimes, those times being while I'm driving it. ok, not ALL the time we drive it but often enough. We have had to get the thing towed 4 times since we bought it and that doesn't take into account the problems we have had that don't require towing. Friday night Cameron and I went on a date, after dinner we got in the van turned the key... nothing... thankfully there was a battery and brakes type place across the parking lot so we walked over and asked if they could help, they got the car running we drove into the shop and found out that the alternator and battery are dead, we replace the battery and then the alternator which was still under warranty because we had it replaced less then a year ago.  The very next day I was driving to meet Cameron for lunch and   it completely shut off while I was driving in the parking lot,  there are a lot of ways this could have been much worse, I could have been driving on the freeway trying to get to the airport for example.  So needless to say we are currently looking for a new van.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Good luck Elisabeth. If you ever need a ride in the mean time let me know. Surely something good will come your way soon.

Julia said...

Wow that van has been a pain! I hope you find a new ride soon!

Stephanie said...

That is awful..Sorry. Good luck on the search!!