It's official, Cameron is a Doctor. I am so proud of him. He has worked hard and done well in school, there have been countless times when I have thought that it's a good thing he's the one in school and not me, if it were me the entire household would be in complete chaos with each approaching exam. With Cameron I had to keep reminding myself that he is in school and we can't play all day with him. on occasion I would ask him when his next exam was and he would shrug and say, "oh tomorrow morning at 8" seriously... if that were me, everyone and their mother would know when all my tests were based on my level of stress and beastliness. Thankfully he is so smart, and calm about everything, and I lOVE that about him. Now don't get the wrong idea, this is not to say that he didn't study or that I didn't spend countless nights putting the kids to bed on my own, I'm just saying that he is amazing and because of him over all we have loved the student life and will look back with fondness at this time period. I could go on and on talking about how incredible my husband is but I wont... this time...
The kids were.... well... kids during the graduation. Grant was the easiest, he was content to play with Grandma Net, then he noticed Grandma Louise sitting down the row and hustled over to her lap to promptly fall asleep, and he slept the entire time. Grandpa Bob tried to keep the other two entertained by folding origami boxes, cranes and bow ties for them, they were thrilled, but it was a two hour ceremony and my kids can't play with anything without loud sound effects so I tried to encourage them to just hold the "paper toys" and that's just not very fun. they attacked the diaper bag and scarfed down three granola bars each and were still asking for more before it was all said and done.
It was fun to have so much family come for his graduation,
From left to right, Bill (Cameron's Dad), Louise (Cameron's mom), Katelyn, Amy (my sister, poking her head over Dallin) Dallin, Cameron, Becky (my tall sister who doesn't need to poke her head over anyone because she is generally a few inches taller then everyone else), Grant, me, Lynette, (my mom), Bob, (my dad).
Cameron's cousin Jenny and her Husband Blake and Cameron's Uncle Bruce and Aunt Jean where there also, they had to leave before we could get a picture with them.
If you didn't get invited and wanted to come, I am so so sorry! we had a crazy couple of weeks leading up to graduation so the awesome graduation party never got planned, or at least didn't get planned far enough to be carried out.

If you didn't get invited and wanted to come, I am so so sorry! we had a crazy couple of weeks leading up to graduation so the awesome graduation party never got planned, or at least didn't get planned far enough to be carried out.
as we were driving I was talking to the kids about how daddy is a doctor now. I explained how he is all done learning about being a doctor and now he is a doctor. Katelyn was impressed, Dallin thought about it for a while and then piped up, "I want to be a Dragon!" so I said, "well, then you better start studying."
10 comments:
Congrats Cameron! What a huge and awesome accomplishment!
Congrats! Way to go Cameron!
congrats!!! i can't believe you guys have been gone long enough to complete medical school! good luck!
Yay congrats! That is so awesome and I'm sure such a relief! Also I have to say I LOVE the family picture at the top of your blog!
Hip Hip Hooray!! What a great day! Congratulations to all of you! Now for your next adventure! :)
Congrats!!!!!! We're so excited for you guys!!!!! Enjoy the next month before the crazy hours begin (and never end) :) I copied some of those hair-do's on Coralee- her hair is short and too thin, but they do look cute......thanks for sharing
congratulations Cameron!
Steven has his Juris Doctor degree. No residencies for him though. Good for you.
You look great, Elisabeth. I wondered why you had a short hair cut, but I read back a bit. Seems like you won the battle with breast cancer. Good for you! Is there a Moffit by you? Steven's mom went to the one here (in Tampa) also 40 min away or so.
And your kids are so beautiful!
Congratulations Dr. Smith. Muchas felicidades.
Cam- you are amazing...I always knew that of course :) Elisabeth - your hair is looking so beautiful. Miss you guys!
So Dr. Smith huh? So now all that is before you is to decide how you want your name to be carved into stone on the outside of the large building that will be named after you...oh and on all the doors and signs coming into your office. Now, here are some options that I think are pretty good..."Dr. Cam Smith, Dr. C., Dr. C. Smith, or Dr. Cool Smith, (You'd be known as Dr. COOL! - Everyone would come to you!!) So when you go famous with the name...I at least want a little "Thanks for the famous name" friendship gift. A car, or Caribbean Cruise will be just fine.(Oh and a big Congrats from the Jepsons! I meant to say that too.)
Post a Comment