Tuesday, June 16, 2009

whose house is this anyway?

we signed the papers to close on our house today at 9am and as we drove over to do a walk through with Cherri our realtor we noticed a huge moving truck sitting in the driveway and the seller came out to greet us all in a fluster wondering if we were flexible on the moving in time, We said we could work with him how much time did he need? He thought he could be done about 5:30pm, Then Cherri asked if we could do a quick walk through, he went inside to check with his wife and came back asking if we could come back in an hour because his family was still sleeping.Still sleeping? at 10am when the house was suppose to be ready to move in at 9am? We didn't say that of course, we just agreed and came back at 11:30am.

The house was a mess, they are most of the way moved out but there are still things in each room needing to be packed and then the house has to be cleaned, he had some relatives there to help with the move but they were all standing around staring at us as we walked through OUR house. anyways to say the least it's been frustrating, we thought we could move in this morning after closing and we had the missionaries lined up to help us unload the truck at lunch time and now I don't think they will even be out of there until late tonight, and they need to have the placed cleaned and the carpets will be wet until morning so we will be staying another night in a hotel. I think it will all work out fine in the end, it's just frustrating.

I wish they would have called to let us know they were running behind. It would have been nice to know before we got all of our help lined up. anyways that's what's happening in our life, it was a good drive, the kids were good, we invested in a portable DVD player and the kids were captivated, except Grant who wanted to be the driver and was very put out each time we bucked him into his car seat.
we are all ready to be settled, I'm pretty sure my kids think we are going to live in a new hotel every night for the rest of our lives, this is our 4th one in 4 days. they love it.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Ugghh. How frustrating! I'm on the moody side today (gotta love pregnancy hormones) and would have wanted to tell them I was charging them for my extra hotel night, plus inconvenience! Hopefully they're moved out by morning and you're able to start getting settled.

Jared and Delia said...

Bummer. That would bug me too. Yay for having a house though!

Melissa said...

how frusterating and annoying all at the same time. your very nice and PATIENT that is for sure.i bet all will work out in the end... but its exciting to get into your OWN place. i cant wait to see pics of your home.

Starks Family said...

Hey Elizabeth
I just received Heidi's blog today ad decided to check up on old friends too.
Well, i see that you have and/or are still dealing with breast cancer. I just cried through all of it. Well, in all honesty I wondered why you'd cut your hair so short and so i kept going to older posts and realised that my assumptions were actually reality. I just wanted you to know that I was thinking about you and I'll remember to keep you in my prayers! Please send my your address so taht i can send you a card or something. I love mail so I always try to share that love.
I love you Elizabeth! you're amazing! It's remarkable that you are smiling in all your pictures despite your circumstances!
Love
Marcelle
Ps. You family is adorable! We leave for Utah in the morning and we get to see Brittan's family. I'm so excited!!!

Julia said...

Ok wow! I hope they are reimbursing you for the extra hotel night stay! That has to be so hard especially when it's YOUR HOUSE!

Linda said...

I'm so excited for you about the new house. Elisabeth, I'm so proud of you! You have a darling blog and I love reading it. Love you all! - Linda Shattuck.

P.S. Our Elizabeth (Lizzie) leaves for her mission to LONDON in just 2 weeks from today! Sarah wrote her and it was WONDERFUL