Thursday, January 29, 2009

Smiles

Katelyn has a strong dislike for taking pictures. Here you see some examples of classic Katelyn pictures. It is rare indeed to get a shot of her looking at the camera and smiling.





Dallin on the other hand seems to like having his picture taken he just needs a little encouragement to smile so we are always prompting "say cheese!" and that's what he does.





so last night I was in charge of Family night and I decided to have a lesson on smiling... I'm serious. This has become one of my major contentions with the kids and it shouldn't be but I really would like to have more than two cute pictures of the million and one pictures I take. so we talked about smiling and how it makes people feel good when we smile at them and then we played a game of hide and seek, the kids could hide anywhere in the house and when they were found the got their picture taken in their hiding spot and then ran to a new hiding spot. it was great! The kids had fun and we got to practice taking nice pictures.


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

cindave said...

that is a terribly creative family home evening! nicely done!!

Jared and Delia said...

You are so funny. That sounds like a hilarious family night. Looks like you guys had a blast.

I love the collages by the way.
One of Kaitlyn's faces looks like she is saying - "see, I'm smiling...okay?"

Keira said...

what an awesome idea for FHE, and smiling -- cute pics!

Carrie said...

I love all your pics! How cute!

Mel said...

what a fun idea! i love it! i totally want to play hide and seek now! :)

Amy Lou said...

How can you stand having such cute kids! They are so adorable! I love the pictures from FHE. It was a great idea.