it's 9:30pm and I should be going to bed but I wanted to feel like I accomplished something, plus Cameron is out of town and I took a nap today so I don't think I could fall asleep right away and I don't want to lay in bed wide awake listening to every creek in the apartment and every noisy neighbor outside. so here I am rambling.
I went to the gym for the first time since the beginning of November, it felt good to go back, I just wish my kids would cooperate with me. sometimes actually getting out of the house is a chore but if I don't then by lunch time the kids and I are stir crazy but then it's too late because after lunch is naps and that's not a good time to leave the house. I so was determined to get out but it was a struggle. lets just say I finally made it to the car with both Grant and Dallin in my arms screaming, them, not me, though I was close.

I have been a beast the last few days. It seems like the slightest things irritates me. I think it's because life has been a bit crazy with the holidays and now that we are home we've been up late and so we are all grumpy. well mostly the girls, the boys have been great except for this morning. When Katelyn gets upset with me she tightens her fists, pushes her arms down stomps her foot and says is a growling voice "augh! I'm not happy with you" I'm not sure what to do with her lately, she is not very nice. Last night one of her best friends Emily invited us to the circus and Katelyn refused to sit by her. which of course hurt Emily's feelings. so I took Katelyn aside and explained that this was a special night for Emily, it was her birthday and she got to invite one friend to the circus and she choose Katelyn, so She needs to be extra super nice and help Emily have a special day." after our little talk she looked up at me and said, "but mom I can't sit by Emily, I have to go to the bathroom." I don't think she is trying to be a mean person. She did similar things with her cousin Lauren while we were visiting Miami. I'm not sure what to do about it.

Dallin is being very sweet on the other hand. His only flaw is that he wants to be held all the time. he is by far our cuddliest. He is such a good boy, he plays well with Katelyn and he plays well with Grant. He has a slight obsession with eye color, he is constantly telling us, "ta-lyn has blue eyes just like baby rant has blue eyes too. I want to have blue eyes too, Brown eyes are yucky!' I'm not sure where he got that idea. so now every time he talks about eyes I tell he that brown eyes are beautiful. I think he is starting to believe me a little, but today while we were at the YMCA, he was looking at himself in the mirror and said, "mommy I think my eyes are green now, look mommy my eyes are a little green like yours are!"

Grant is getting big, we are working on weening him from the bottle, he only has it at night and when I'm desperate in public, which is not very often. I didn't give him one tonight and he went to bed really easy, but then 3 minutes after I shut the door he started crying, I think as he was laying their falling asleep he must have been reviewing the day and realized that I skipped a step in his bed time routine. He is a sweet baby who is quickly losing his babyness.
I am excited for Cameron to come home tomorrow after Church. unfortunately he is likely driving to Gainsville that night because he has interviews there Monday and Tuesday. and then he has one out in CA and then i think he is done, I should be starting radiation by that time. fun times!
well I've rambled enough, I need to get some sleep so I can stop being such a grouch.
5 comments:
I love how you chalk up your "crazy life" to the holidays and not the million of other things going on, like having body parts lopped off, and having Cameron gone a lot, with three children 4 and under to take care of........ Priceless. I'm sorry everything is so crazy right now, how many more interviews for Cameron? Can he take the kids? =0) Maybe just a couple of them? Love you oodles!
i feel like i'm a beast lately too. i blame it on pregnancy. your excuse is very valid too, in my opinion! it just gets hard for me to maintain the patience. and i only have one kid to worry about...and a husband to help. with 3 kids and your husband out of town, a little grouchiness is inevitable. no worries. you're doing great. and i'm sure katelyn will start to shed her attitude. gotta love those stages.
I love you girl! I just caught up on all your posts. Your writing makes me smile!
Yay for SLR cameras. I want one too but that is a ways off.
Owen has been turning into a big kid too. It seems as his fourth birthday approaches (in a couple of weeks) he is acting more and more like a kid and not a toddler.
Ava has been quite difficult lately too! Must be a full moon or something! I'm sooo glad to keep up on your family through blogging!
Miss u lots!
thanks for the update and
p.s. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment