Saturday, January 03, 2009

Guess who got a new Camera for Christmas....

That's right. Cameron is amazing! All I wanted for Christmas was a SLR digital camera, I have an SLR film camera I got when I took a photography class 4 years ago but that was pre-kids and now film just doesn't cut it. unfortunately the digital cameras are expensive, but the kids are getting bigger and I would love to capture some cute pictures of them while they are still young and adorable.

Somehow Cameron pulled it off and he did it with out me suspecting a thing... sort of.

A month ago after being on the computer for a while Cameron got up at announced, "I have gotten your Christmas and birthday presents for the next few years" that made me suspicious until I was searching for something under the bed a few days before Christmas, honest I wasn't looking for hidden presents. While not being able to find what I was looking for I did run across a box for a GPS, another of my top Christmas wish list items. This was mostly for Cameron's sanity, because I get lost every time I blink, and unfortunately I have to blink. and he has gotten too many desperate calls for help and directions while I am on the road.

so then I figured that the GPS must have been the expensive gift Cameron had referred to. Despite my slight disappointment I realized that a GPS is probably a better gift anyway because we will be moving somewhere this summer and it will come in handy.

well come Christmas morning I got both. Cameron had Ordered the GPS months ago and had been using it to go to his interviews, sneaky... I just figured he was amazing with directions from the Internet. He even let my sister use it while she drove to Naples to drop my kids off. they were both very sneaky.

SO now I am a proud owner of a SLR camera and a GPS. Thank you Cam!

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

Awesome present!! I have the Nikon D50 and I LOVE it. Wouldn't trade it for any other camera. And I took a class with a film SLR as well, so that really helped me know what I was doing with my digital SLR. What kind did he get you? Enjoy it!!!! I want to see some pictures soon!

Mindy Burns said...

I can't wait to see more and more pics of your adorable kids!!!

cindave said...

Elisabeth! For whatever reason, every time i went to your blog, i wasn't getting updates, and suddenly today, there are like 5 posts that i never saw, all with different dates. Anyway, i'm so glad to hear from you. i have been wondering how you have been since your surgery, and wanting so badly to hear some news, but not wanting to pry. i'm glad the surgery went well. i'm looking forward to more updates. hang in there. i do not blame you in the least for feeling discouraged sometimes, and feeling cheated. it sounds like you had a good christmas. fun present! that's awesome. i wish i had taken a photography class. i would still like to. anyway, it's good to hear how you're doing. love ya!

Stephanie said...

Hey stranger!!

Congrats on the presents, you will have so much fun with both of them!!

Miss you, drop me a line sometime!!

Melissa said...

What a lucky girl. You got a GPS and a SLR camera... what did i get???? socks, lotion, toothbrush, bla bla bla... that sounds so mean doesnt it. I was very thankful for my husband but this year has been a little different for us so it totally makes sense why he didnt go all out! You will LOVE your camera. I have a canon slr (i got a few years ago) and i love it. No excuses now to not post a ton of pics of your adorable kids. Are you coming to Utah any time soon? miss ya!