I went in this morning for my final Nulasta shot. That's the shot that I get 24 hours after I finish chemo, it stimulates my bone marrow to produce white blood cells, in the process it makes every bone in my body ache, but who cares this is the last time I will have to do this. Yesterday we celebrated my very last chemo treatment by going to Disney World without the kids... don't tell them, they still think I was at the doctor all day yesterday while they were at Grandma's house. Ever since they each got their flu shot a few weeks ago, they have been happy to send me to the doctor by myself. before that Katelyn and Dallin wanted to come with me, I'm sure in hopes of getting a lolly pop for which pediatricians are known for. but now that they know that mommy goes and gets shots at the doctor they are more then happy to send me on my merry way while they stay and play at Emily's or someone else's house. They don't want to be anywhere around, just in case the doctor decides to give them a shot too.
we had a great time at Disney World. it was amazing how much we were able to do, without getting kids in and out of the stroller and a million trips to the bathroom. but despite how carefree and relaxing the day was, we completely missed them and were thrilled to pick them up today.
I wish I really were completely done with everything, I have surgery scheduled for November 21st, a few days after I get back from my brother's wedding in Utah. and then I'll have radiation and then reconstruction. but we are getting closer and that's something to celebrate.
11 comments:
i'll say that's something to celebrate! that is so awesome, elisabeth. good work. i wish you were completely done, too, but you've come so far! disney world sounds like so much fun! i'm glad you got to have a fun day with just you and cameron. keep us updated, as usual.
yeah!! i am so glad for you!! you have been through so much, what a fun thing to do to celebrate!! Disney, how awesome!! at least you are ALMOST done!! :)
YEAH!!! We can't wait to see you at the wedding and catch up!
Yay! Your getting there!! Your day of fun sounds wonderful. We're glad to hear that you are still going strong! Keep it up!
Lis, you continue to amaze me with your INSANELY positive attitude. Of course, it doesn't SURPRISE me...you've always been so positive. I love you and am happy that you are getting closer to getting rid of all that nasty junk!!
I am so glad to hear how you are doing. I have been thinking about you a lot and wondering what was going on. Heavenly Father has truely blessed your family. You look so beautiful. I love the blue on you. Please keep us posted and know we pray for you.
Yay! You are so strong.
Elizabeth, good work! It is WORK. I'm sure your positive attitude and your stick-to-it-ness is helping! Keep up the good work, and I'm so happy you went to the "happiest place on earth!!!!" Love, Linda Shattuck
That is something to celebrate!! A big step toward being done. Just a few more steps...and we are praying for you the whole way!
Way to go!!!! I am so glad that chemo is done. I also wish you were done with everything. Love ya.
YAY! We wish you all the best from here on out.....You are so amazing Elisabeth!!!
Post a Comment