Saturday, November 22, 2008

A trip to Utah in November

My older brother David found the girl of his dreams, a school teacher no less, and they got married November 14th. of course we couldn't let them get married without us so we flew out to Utah to join in the festivities.


of course to get there require traveling for over 8 hours. the kids did surprising well on both flights. they were so excited to be on a plane that they played well for the first flight and so exhausted that they slept on the second.


we stayed with my friend Sheryl while we were there. my kids were instant best friends with hers so it worked out well.


Katelyn and Kara were inseparable, but I can't count the number of times Katelyn turned and asked me, "what's my friends name again?" even on the last day of our visits I'm sure it was at least 20 time. so I guess she's not so good with names.


Grant loved having Trevor around. Trevor wasn't so sure about these people coming and sleeping in his room, eating his food and sharing his toys.



and though it was brief I also got to see Brianne and her family.

We also met up with Jessica my old roommate and her husband Jake. She and Dallin made chocolate chip cookies... yum


This is the best family picture that was taken. it's no small feat to get the kids all looking at the camera let alone smiling, we'll take what we can get.


Dad and Mom with the groom.
They stood in the receiving line for a VERY long time, thankfully the rest of us got to enjoy walking around eating ice cream.




These are the girls in my family, Carolyn Stephen's wife in Green, Becky next to her in the back Mom next to Becky, Sarah in the middle, Amy next to her, and me in front trying to make it look like I"m not in pain. I was squatting so that everyone could be seen and it took a VERY long time for this picture to be taken... I'm not sure why...

The kids had a great time throwing the rocks around. this is Katelyn trying to look sweet and Innocent after I asked them not to throw them anymore.

my nieces Katie and Chris adored my little kids.




just as we were ready to bow out of the reception early and put our kids to bed, the music started and we just had to dance, we ended up staying through the entire reception, it ended at 10pm and Cameron had to be at the airport the next morning at 6am.

We had a great time in Utah and can't wait to go back.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Nice rug! I'm so jealous that I didn't get to see you, can you guys come to Washington next?? I promise you'll have a good time! =o)

Carrie said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! The picture of the 5 of you is beautiful, and the kids get cuter and cuter every time I see them!

Elisabeth you look beautiful too! You are the face of a true fighter and an awesome mother!

Mindy Burns said...

WOW! You are so awesome for going on that trip after such a crazy year! Congrats to your brother- and I'm happy you took advantage and danced the night away!

Julia said...

I love the hair! Sounds like you had a great time!

Brianne said...

Thanks for making time to visit with us!! We LOVE you and I am so glad things went well for you on Friday, you are always in my prayers.