Saturday, November 22, 2008

Home again

I got home from the hospital today and I feel pretty good. I haven't needed to take much pain killer, in fact I feel better then I did when I got the biopsy done.... of course I was in way more pain then I expected for that one... All the nurses wanted me to stay in the hospital with them, but despite their efforts to tempt us with chocolate cake and the oh so flattering hospital gown, we decided we would be fine on our own. we got home today around lunch time, my sister Amy had lunch and a clean house ready for us when we got here. Cameron's mother has the kids at her house this week, we thought it would be best not to have them around to jump on me when I got home. so we have spent the day eating ice cream and watching movies... it's been great!
my hair is starting to grow back. right now it looks like fuzzy old man head but it's something. my eyebrows and eyelashes have refused to make their reappearance. I'm sure they are waiting for a dramatic entrance. meanwhile I have discovered fake lashes and I may never go back to the real thing. the fake eyebrows need some work though, they look a little... aaa... fake.

2 comments:

cindave said...

i am so sad that i didn't get to see you while you were here. i saw that picture of brianne, and thought, "i should have been there!" i was so sad that we weren't able to. i'm glad you're enjoying your movie/ice cream time. i hope you have a speedy recovery. keep plugging along.

Mother 25 - 8 said...

That last comment got me laughing Elisabeth. I think of you every day. Really, I do! Keep it up girl, you're my inspiration!