Friday, November 28, 2008
surgery
Surgery went well. we arrived at the hospital at 5:15ish in the AM.. That's early even for a morning person. Once we got there we checked in and waited. This soon became a theme for the day.
After an hour or so they moved us into another room and we waited. Then they called me up to the desk asked us to turn off our cell phones, and follow them to a triage type place, I changed into that oh so flattering hospital gown and... we waited. one by one the doctors who would be operating on me and putting me to sleep came by to introduce themselves and say hi. It was nice and all but I'm convinced that it was an attempt to trick me into thinking that I wasn't waiting so much by breaking it up into segments, it would have worked but we had a watch... very useful for those type of situations.
finally at 8ish the Anastisgiologist came back, put something in my IV and I don't remember anything else until I was in the recovery room, apparently I was unconscious for much longer then needed, I should have told them that I don't need as much Anastasia as most people because I don't drink alcohol and it's really effective on me. the benefit was I wasn't in any pain, I mean not any. In fact I wasn't ever in as much pain as I expected to be. I this I can contribute some of that to nerve damage, because I still don't have much feeling under my left arm. once the Anastasia wore off I did have some pain and it lasted for about 2 weeks after coming home from the hospital but it wasn't too bad.
I spent the next week recovering at home with my sister Amy. we had a great time watching movies, going on short walks and just hanging out. my mom came up the day before Thanksgiving and unfortunately had to leave the day after Thanksgiving... she took Amy with her. it was sad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
im glad to hear that all went well other than them making you wait for hours! i think of you often and hope you are doing well. Your a strong woman Elisableth!
Post a Comment