it's kind of weird to not have hair, I can't see my head all the time so when I walk by a mirror I'm always a bit surprised at my reflection. you would think that since I've been hairless for a while now that I would be use to it. but I'm not. Also, every time I walk by a hair tie or hairbrush I have the urge to fix my hair and then just in that instant I remember I don't have any. Thankfully I still have my eyelashes and eyebrows. unfortunately I also still have those occasional chin hairs but the gratitude I have for my eyelashes and eyebrows far outweighs the inconvenience of plucking a few chin hairs. and hey I only have to shave my legs every other week, so I won't complain.
last night Grant and I were playing peek-a-boo while Cameron read a bed time story, at some point during our play I realized, "I don't have any hair, I must look so funny." and apparently I did because Grant was laughing but I don't think it was because I don't have hair. It's funny how often I forget that I don't have hair. it's also funny how everyone else in the family seems to be use to it except me.
I always catch people looking at me, and I'm constantly checking myself to see if I have some unsightly stain or if my buttons are misaligned and then as a second thought I realize that they are probably noticing my wrap and wondering what happened to my hair. maybe not, maybe I'm just paranoid. thankfully my hair will return, and no one will be more grateful for a full head of hair.
3 comments:
I didn't think about the eyelashes and the eyebrows. What a blessing to still have those! You are beautiful no matter what! I bet Cameron will agree.
Elisabeth, you are still the cutest bald person I have ever seen and I love that you still have eyebrows! I was all ready to lend you my super duper eye brow pencil!!
Elisabeth...you amaze me. You are an inspiration to me. WE NEED TO GET TOGETHER SOON!!! E-MAIL PRONTO!!
Post a Comment