Tuesday, September 09, 2008

I am seriously doing fine, I know some of you think I am putting on a happy face while I excuse myself to go vomit behind the scenes but I am honestly feeling great this week. I am currently in between treatments. I finished adriamycine and cyclophosphamide two weeks ago and I will start Taxol in one week. and that will last 8 weeks, I will get 4 chemo infusions this next round. and then I will have surgery and possibly radiation after that.
The previous round of Chemo didn't make me as sick as expected. I'm sure the prayers uttered in my behalf had something to do with that. In fact, besides being more tired and having this awful taste in my mouth I felt pretty good. (good might be an over statement but I didn't feel too awful and I certainly wasn't throwing up all over the place like I thought I would be)

I have never been much of a homebody, generally I get a bit stir crazy if I am home for more then a day, and if it's two days we are down right grumpy, so it's been hard for me to keep myself away from public places and I'm almost afraid to report, I have thrown caution to the wind and I am going to the gym on the days that I can, and have even ventured to the grocery store and other such places. This sort of frivolity has come with a price and I have had 3 different colds in 5 weeks but honestly a cold isn't going to effect my treatments in any way and I need to get out of the house. I realize I'm a glutton for punishment.

Really I have felt so blessed throughout all of this craziness. We have had countless people step up to the plate and help us out with meals, child care, Elisabeth care and an assortment of other needs. we are so grateful for that. Cameron has been able to stay focused and has finally decided what he wants to be when he grows up. he is applying for a residency in Radiology and grows more confident in that decision daily. Katelyn has been loving and understanding throughout this whole ordeal. She has suddenly grasped a love of learning and is willing sit with me for hours practicing basic skills. she still asks about my hair and its eventual return. Dallin has become a little boy. he is completely potty trained and loves his Spiderman underpants. He loves tackling and tossing around a football but he also enjoys playing Polly pockets with Katelyn. his new favorite thing is Dinosaurs, he loves them and can even name the more common ones. on a grosser side note, he also likes putting his finger up his nose and offering us his findings, not in a trying-to-gross-you-out kind of way, more like a mom-there-is-something-on-my-finger kind of way. we generally offer him a tissue on these occasions. Grant is getting bigger everday and is trying his hardest to keep up with the other two. he loves to follow them around and "help" with whatever they are doing. He is such a sweet little guy and he laughs and smiles at just about everything we do.

6 comments:

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

that's so good....it is great to hear how you are doing. your kids are so adorable, too! i love hearing the things they are up too, and all the little things they say. it still totally weirds me out that we are all grown up with kids...life just goes by so fast!! good luck on round two!! you are rockin' it girl!!

cindave said...

i'm glad to hear you're doing so well. you're getting closer to the end of these treatments! YAY! you're doing awesome. keep it up!

Mindy Burns said...

We love you and think about you often...You are so amazing Elisabeth! Tell Cameron congrats on choosing Radiology...Your kids are getting so big and cuter each post!

Maria said...

Is good to hear you are doing well and most of all that you have a positive outlook on things. Tell Cameron we are glad he made his choise on what he wants to do. He will be a great Radiologist.

Mel said...

you inspire me! i'm sure that you are a hero to many out there but i just wanted to let you know that you have another fan! thanks for being so honest and putting it all out there for us to read. you really are amazing!

AngieKennedy said...

I just have to say you look hot with short hair, seriously. You've got a great shaped head and it brings out the bone structure in your face. I'm glad I found your blog. I actually didn't know all of this was going on, neither did Chris. I scheduled a mammogram after reading about this. I knew Grandma had breast cancer but as far as I knew no one else had gotten it. Thank you so much for sharing everything BizBeff =D.