Grant has his first major encounter with our kitchen floor this past week. I was getting dinner ready and since he was being fussy I decided to put him in his bouncer seat on top of the counter. I use to put him up there all the time when he was a new born so I didn't think anything of it. I turned to get him some rice cereal to eat, I was easily within arms reach of him but my back was turned and he bounced himself so hard that he flipped himself and the entire seat off of the counter and landed smack into the floor. I felt terrible. Thankfully Cameron was home and he rushed in when he heard the screaming, mine and Grant's. He determined that Grant did not have a concussion and that he would be ok.
Grant has been a real sport about it, even when the lady in line with us at Disney World kept pocking his bruise because she couldn't stop pinching his cheeks
This is him three days after he fell.
This is us at Disney World the next day. It looked a million times better but I still felt like everyone thought I was an abusive parent... poor little guy.
4 comments:
grant is such a cutie even with the black and blue....we're no strangers to bruises with our boys either....UGH
Yip, he is still adorable. Poor little man, although it did heal VERY quickly, thank goodness. I know what you mean about people looking at you like you abuse your kids...Quintin was born with club feet- so right after he was born his right leg was casted to manipulate his foot/leg. People were so mean thinking somehow I had broken my newborn's leg. But now, when I see things like these, I am less quick to judge...we never know.
poor kid!! that's a pretty good war wound. I don't feel so bad now about Lane falling down our stairs of death :) Glad he was ok!
Even after that he looks so happy!!! What a cutie :)
Post a Comment