Tuesday, April 15, 2008

wrong answer

One night as we were cleaning up after a fun day of playing. ( I use the term "we" loosely because we all know I was the one cleaning while the kids were trying to figure out which toy they could play with the longest before it too got cleaned up) Cameron came into the room and noticed the kids playing and said,
"are you going to help mommy clean up or are you going to be in big trouble?"

Katelyn jumped up and shouted "I wanna be in big twu-ble!"

at this point Dallin joined in and ran to Cameron shouting "mee! mee! mee! I wanna be in big twu-ble too! I do! I do!"

you have to wonder what kind of disciplining goes on when I'm not around.




Cameron wouldn't be home for a few hours, the kids had already taken their naps and it wouldn't be too long before the weather turn hot, humid and dreadful, so I turned to the kids and said,

"mommy wants to go out side and play at the playground who wants to play with mommy?

Katelyn was the first to pipe up and she pointed at the computer screen and said, I wanna watch the Enchanted movie on the 'pooter." so in an effort to persuade her otherwise I said, "Come on don't you want to play outside with mommy or do you want to stay home and be boring?"

without looking at me, Katelyn stated matter-of-factly, "I want to stay home and be boring," then Dallin came into the room and said "I wanna be bo-ing too"

so we stayed home and were boring.





Katelyn and I had the best day together. we had watched songs from Enchanted on Youtube, played with play dough, and baked cookies together. As the day was winding down I turned to Katelyn and asked
"of all the mommies you can think of in the whole world who is the very best?"

without hessitation Katleyn jumped up with eyes sparkling and shouted "Jaidyn's mommy!"

I should have known I was pushing my luck when I asked, "well, then who is the second best mommy?"
Katelyn looked at me and thought for a while and said, "I don't know. Well, Jaidyn's mommy gave me graham crackers at the zoo. "

I hate to be a stickler about these sort of things but actually I was the one with graham crackers. Of course Jaidyn's mom did have rice crispy treats, apples, and banannas but Katelyn didn't mention any of those things. Rather then mention this to her and burst her bubble I just said, "yeah Jaidyn has a great mommy huh?"

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

This made me laugh!! Your kids are too adorable... I love the cute things kids say!! I am so feeling like a good mommy today, Thanks Katelyn!!...Even though, like you said, you were the ones with the grahm crackers!! :-)