
the day started off a bit rough,
Dallin woke at 4am and was ready to get up and out of bed, after much crying and persuasion I convinced him that he wanted to stay in bed and I would bring him a sipper cup of water, it worked. Cameron was up at 5am and out the door soon there after, Then Grant woke up for the 3rd time since we went to bed, he decided to eat and stay awake until 6am Katelyn came out of her room crying at 6:05am and woke everyone up except for Grant who was finally sleeping peacefully, Katelyn and
Dallin then preceded to have a crying concert and a pushing contest, as I rocked them on the chair thinking, didn't someone remind them that people are suppose to be pampered on their birthday? I was more or less grumpy until Cameron called at 10am telling me that they let him off early and he was coming home. Things got
sooooo much better after that. Cameron took the big kids, I took a nap and cleaned the house, ( I know on my birthday?!?! but it had to be done and it's so much easier to do it without children destroying each room seconds after it's been cleaned, it was actually therapeutic... I think.) Cameron and I went out to eat ALONE, something that hasn't been done in ages... unless of course you count eating at
Bennigans while we waited to find out if I was in real labor... I was. (I don't count that because Cameron didn't want to be there, he didn't think i was in labor and just wanted to go home, thankfully we stayed because had we not, I would have had a baby in the car as we drove back to the hospital)
In the end it was a fantastic birthday.

Katelyn blew out the candles before I could, she was so excited!

For some reason
Cameron got this very yummy chocolate marble cake, which isn't a problem in and of it's self but we made a new years
resolution not to eat
chocolate... oh well maybe next year. it was good.

I got a double stroller, one that I can easily push one handed, very useful if I'm holding a child or trying to talk on the phone.... Thank you Bonnie and Jess.

I also got a pink clothes hamper... you get these kind of gifts when you have kids... and you get excited about these kind of gifts... it's weird.
6 comments:
Awesome! Happy Birthday and I'm sorry that I missed it and I'm sorry it didn't click that you have a double stroller now. Happy Birthday!
I love your description of your birthday. On my last birthday, I kicked the girls out of my bedroom and watched a movie while I folded laundry--it was GREAT! I got something done without having someone needing me every 3 minutes. Sounds like it was a great day for you, (after the early morning stuff died down).
My kind of gifts. I really can not believe your little (but oh so growing) family. Your daughter is a stunner, and boys, too cute to even think about. You know I have two girls close to their ages....????
You are a brilliant writer and Mother! Carry ON!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
happy birthday cuz!!! next time you come out to utah you'll have to give us a call. it's crazy to think your family lives out here, i haven't seen them in years!
Happy Birthday! I love your presents. I totally know what you mean. Birthdays are crazy with kids. Steve and I celebrate a birthday week now. I like it. Happy Birthday again.
Post a Comment