We've always had a variety of things for breakfast, waffles, pancakes, eggs and toast, sausage, oatmeal, french toast, you get the idea. But many mornings we have cereal and even though my kids pick the same cearel every day: Dallin-honey bunches of Oats, Katelyn- Strawberry awake (Walmart's special K with Berries) and Grant- Honey nut cheerios, I still get out every box of cereal from the pantry and line them up on the table so they can "choose." If ever I just pull out the cereal they are bound to choose, without lining up all the different choices, tears and sure to fall. so lately the kids have decided to create Fortresses with the boxes, they set them up and hide from us as they eat their breakfast in seclusion.

Dallin's always the first to finish and always the best at remembering to put his bowl in the dishwasher. Katelyn was the first to start this fortress idea, she loves to hide behind her boxes
Grant is so happy in the morning, he only likes to eat a few bits of breakfast and then come back half an hour later "Starving" we're working on that...
They all have so much fun. I love listening to their conversations, they love each other so much.
1 comment:
You call those fortresses, why when I was a kid we had cereal bunkers.... kids these days
Post a Comment