Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Cake Decorating


As my due date approaches, time is ticking and I am feeling the desprate need to actually do the things I've been meaning to do, you know the list, the one you have for when you have time, someday, well I've realized lately that "that day" either needs to happen now or it will be a while before it does.
  one of the things on my list is to take a cake decorating class,  I have always liked artistic things and I've played around with cake decorating for a while  but I wanted to take a class or two before I am completely swamped with caring for twins.  so I did it.  Above is my first cake.  among other things we learned dots.  or blobby balls, or what ever you would like to call them.

we did Cupcakes the 3rd week,  the day after this class we had some kids over to play and Katelyn never tired of telling her friends that her mom makes the best cupcakes... if only she would stay this easy to please...

then the last class we did a final cake, I had done a lot of research on the internet to find something that looked nice but wasn't actually too complicated.  This is what I found from Fantasticake.  It looked easy enough, yet very cute.

well... this is what mine turned out like...
It actually looks better in the picture then it did in real life.  Granted I had to do it from memory because we did it in class and my printer is down.  but still, I think it will be a while before I go professional...

 The class was fun and I would totally do another one when I can.