Monday, August 29, 2011

36 weeks

you wouldn't think being 36 weeks could cause such commotion at the grocery store, but I can't go anywhere without at least a dozen people asking me when I'm due and how far along I am.   you can see the pity in their eyes when I tell them I'm not due until September 26th but then they quickly confirm that I look great when I mention that I'm having twins, then it's back to pity when I tell them I have 3 other children at home...  we are of course thrilled to have 5 kids.

For the most part I feel pretty good.  My back gets sore so I usually lay down on my side about 2 times a day to relieve the pain.  it's hard to sit or stand or lay for very long.  nothing fits,  I have 3 shirts that almost fit.  they only show a little of my belly some of the time. I'm almost always hungry,  I eat constantly, I can't help it.

I feel a constant flow of movement in my belly.  The girl moves quite a bit more then the boy. Sometimes I worry about that. but I usually feel him just enough to know that he's okay.

my feelings vacillate between being really excited to meet these two sweet babies and feeling a bit over whelmed thinking about caring for twins.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Now THAT is a belly to be proud of!! Good job Elisabeth!!