Wednesday, March 17, 2010

so much to do, so little time...

I'm in a quandrey.  yesterday I read about one of my friends who is doing this thing where she takes a picture everyday for a year.  That inspired me.  I love photography and it's something I think I could be good at if I spent more time doing it,  this is contray to the believe of my children who think I already spend pletny of time behind the camera I would just like to remind them that I wouldn't need to spend so much time if my subjects were more cooperative.
I've also just finished reading an email of another friend who wants to join the NaNoWriMo which involves writeing a 50,000 word novel in one month, the month of November to be exact.  this also intregues me because I've been thinking of writing a book for some time now and why not do it now?  I was thinking of writing something more along the lines of a parenting book or how to get through cancer treatments with a smile on your face, but I could somehow work that into a novel right?
I also want to finish Dallin's and Grant's baby books before they are teenagers, Katelyn was born during my scrapbooking days so she has an adorable scrapbook but the boys weren't so lucky so they will have to settle  with a photo book.
I'm also starting this thing with the family where we study different cultures around the world and every month we will find out fun facts and make food from that country and celebrate any holidays they may have. I'm really excited about this, and I think it's something my kids will really enjoy too.
we also had a lesson about family history today and I would like to spend more time doing that.
so with so many fun things to do, what do I choose? Anyone who knows me, knows I will probably choose all of them, I will think, analize, make lists and plan and then actually do none of them, not because I don't want to but because that's just too much to add to my already full life...

5 comments:

cindave said...

those all sounds great...and it stressed me out just READING it! hard to choose, for sure. maybe make a list of all of them, and work on one each year. or do the novel first (i think you could write an awesome book about cancer treatments-you are seriously inspirational). then do the pics for a year. the next year, do the scrapbooks (or if you're me, you'll need at least a year for each-my kids have none.) anyway, good luck with all that! i'm glad you're doing well.

Jared and Delia said...

Phew...I was stressed reading that. I have a lot of undone tasks I have been meaning to do too. I try not to think too hard about it. Sounds terrible I know. :)

I would however love to see you write a book so I could read it!

Jess said...

Lis, I love you. This is SO you and we will debate the pros and cons of all the activities in GREAT detail on our drive down--in a few short days!!!!!! Can't wait, and I love you!

Mel said...

so many fun ideas! thanks for passing them on! i think you should totally write a book! aren't you glad you blog so you can "spy on" and keep in touch with so many old friends? :) also, we just printed our blog through blurb! LOVE how they turned out. did 2007 and 2008, working on 2009 now. that might help with the whole scrapbook thing. just an idea. each page can be as much or as little customized as you like! our 2008 book was about 180 pages and only cost $60! but it's a whole family one, since it's the blog. anyways can't wait to see what you do.

mwazwi said...

I really liked what I read on your most recent entry and your whole blog. I found you as a "Suggested Friend" on Facebook and am so glad I did. Your writing flows so. Definitely, WRITE! I also have been wanting to write. However, I have put it off for so long. My schedule of "things I would like to do and accomplish" are like yours. You are an amazing woman and I would like to get to know you better. You have inspired, empowered, and encouraged me to go on in my life in spite of many challenges. I must also add that you have a wonderful husband who has (and is) walking through these life challenges with you. I was reared to also enjoy and appreciated other cultures. I was born in Zimbabwe, Africa and would love to participate with your family's study of other cultures. So, much more I would like to share with you. I hope to do so in the future. Sending "Light", "Love", "Peace", "Fulfillment", "Happiness", "Success" and "Whatever else you may need or want in your life"
Marcia Mercy