Sunday, March 07, 2010

All is Well

my Surgery went well,  I feel more sore and tired then I remember feeling last time but over all I feel ok.  my actual surgery didn't start until 4pm and I was starving!  you have to have an empty stomach for the anesthesia you're not suppose to eat past midnight the night before which is fine when you have surgery at 7am, you almost don't even notice.  but when you're surgery isn't until 4pm, that's another story.

it took me a while to wake up from the anesthesia,  it always does,  When I was finally taken up to my room, Cameron was so sweet and had gotten me food from Whataburger because he knew how hunger I was but I couldn't eat,  I tried but it made me feel sick. so he ate both his and mine... what a sacrificer.

The next morning Cameron brought the kids to the hospital to visit and they were pretty concerned to see my IV, in fact they didn't want to come anywhere near me.  they had a great time making my bed go up and down and once I got off it they enjoyed climbing up and making themselves go up and down. as long as I wasn't too close to them. They are also a bit grossed out by my drain... but let's be honest, who isn't? They gave me a different kind of drain that's much bigger and has extra long tubing so I have to be careful it doesn't get caught on anything.    

I am at home now, resting and recovering,  I truly appreciate how wonderful everyone has been to me and my family,  I feel so blessed to have so many people concerned for me and ready to jump in and help whenever possible.  Thank you so much!

9 comments:

cindave said...

I'm so glad everything went well, Elisabeth. I hope you get some good rest and recovery time. Take it easy!

randivon said...

Thanks for the update! I don't want to call and bother you but I am glad to know that things are going well. If you need ANYTHING!, please let me know!

Jenny Timmerman said...

I'm so glad to hear you are doing well. Good luck with your recovery. We are thinking of you and your family.

Lori said...

glad it hear it went well cuz. we're thinking of you.

Stephanie said...

I am so glad you put an update on here. I know recovering from a surgery can be hard and I am so glad you keep us posted. I am so glad everything went well!! I also love that you have a sense of humor even though you must be in a lot of pain.

Wish we were closer!! Miss you. SO glad everything went well.

Nana said...

You've been in my prayers. So glad you are doing well. Your Aunt Gwyn Loves you so much. Take care~

Jeff and Sheryl Family said...

Elisabeth...As I read your blog I was wondering...why am I not on her "Favorite person's list"?? And I came to 2 obvious conclusions. First, we are much to obviously your favorite people so why post it and if you post our names then just more people will get to know us and we will become their favorite people and that would just be a mess for us...and Second, we really haven't been that great of friend to you lately. I need to call you, and see how you are recovering from surgery. And I haven't, and really that makes me TERRIBLE!

Jeff and Sheryl Family said...

Elisabeth...As I read your blog I was wondering...why am I not on her "Favorite person's list"?? And I came to 2 obvious conclusions. First, we are much to obviously your favorite people so why post it and if you post our names then just more people will get to know us and we will become their favorite people and that would just be a mess for us...and Second, we really haven't been that great of friend to you lately. I need to call you, and see how you are recovering from surgery. And I haven't, and really that makes me TERRIBLE!

Jeff and Sheryl Family said...

Elisabeth - So as I read your blog I wondered...why am I not on her "favorite people" list? I came to 2 conclusions. First, that we are so OBVIOUSLY your favorite people that why post it, because then other people would get to know us and we would become THEIR favorites...and that would be a mess. Second, we really haven't been deserving of being on your favorites list because we haven't even called to see how surgery went or how you are doing. Which pretty much makes us TERRIBLE!