Thursday, March 04, 2010
Mastectomy Round II
I'm gearing up for my second mastectomy, why you might ask? because it reduces my risk of getting breast cancer on the right side by like 95% and I would like to see my kids grow up. plus I would love to have more kids and I can't imagine how awful it would be to get pregnant and then find out I have breast cancer again. so tonight I find myself making last minute babysitting arrangements with a knot in my stomach, I know everything will be fine but I can't help having a few unsettled nerves before my surgery on Friday. I don't remember my first mastectomy being too bad but I haven't decided if that's because I was so drugged up on pain killers that I just don't remember or if its because it was so soon after I finished chemotherapy that my brain cells hadn't recovered yet and there is a laps in my memory or if nothing seems that bad when you've been thought what I've been through. or if it really wasn't that bad... it's hard to say. I guess I'll find out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
good luck elisabeth. i'll be thinking about you and praying for you.
I'm sorry you have to go through that again, but I admire you so much and hope all goes well. We'll be praying for you! Love, Keira
I've been thinking about you all morning. You're in my prayers. Please let me know if I can help with anything.
I hope everything goes well! You are in our thoughts and prayers!!!
Lis, you are amazing! Thinking about you and your family and hope the surgery goes well. See you SO SO soon!
Good Luck! You are in our prayers!
Post a Comment