Saturday, August 22, 2009

Katelyn got to spend the morning at her friend Anna's house. on the drive home after I picked her up we had this conversation

me: did you have so much fun playing with Anna

Katelyn: Yes mommy I love Anna (long pause) mommy, I want to be in Anna's family, I don't want to be in our family anymore, I just want to be in Anna's family.

Me: but that would make me so sad if you weren't in our family anymore.

Katelyn: oh... I'm just teasing.... well, not really......... well.... hum.... Maybe Anna can be in our family?

3 comments:

Jared and Delia said...

Oh she is growing up so fast. Next up she will think her teacher is smarter than you and then she will want to change her name. At least that is what I did. I am so sorry for my mom. :)

I was going to put Owen in preschool four days a week at the university but because of budget cuts or something they are taking less students and he wasn't high up enough on the waiting list. So...I decided to homeschool preschool for him and I am kind of glad. I am not ready to let go of my baby either . :{ I feel for you.

Stephanie said...

This is adorable. I am glad she has found a good friend. We really miss you guys though. WOW, preschool there is LONGGGGG. Jaidyn starts on Tuesday but only from 8:30am to 11:30am. I am ok with that amount of time. I am not looking forward to it...My baby is growing up way too fast...all of them are!!

Julia said...

That is hilarious! Well at least she acknowledged your feelings and tried to find a compromise! She's very smart!