I was scheduled for Chemo on Katelyn's actual birthday. But don't worry that didn't disappoint Katelyn because it meant she would be spending the day at the Patrick's house. Which is far better then spending it at our house or at the infusion center. The Patrick's have become our second family. My kids absolutely love and adore all of them, and word on the street says they love hanging out with my kids too. It's great when life works out that way.
Louise came with me intending to spend the better part of the day with me in the infusion center reading a book or watching TV while I slept off the Benadryl, Unfortunately, (fortunately?) my blood count was too low to get Chemo so we got to come back home and go to Katelyn's birthday party at the Patrick home.
It did of course take a few hours for them to decide not to give me Chemo so meanwhile back at the ranch this is what the kids did while I was away..
Katelyn and Dallin chowed down on some Mac and Cheese. why is it that when I make them food they hum and ha over it and then play with it until it's unrecognizable as something eatable?
Dallin loves riding this four-wheeler. He rides it around the kitchen-dining room-playroom circle
Katelyn and Emily helping Liz decorate the cake. Katelyn got to choose any type of cake she wanted and she choose a mermaid. Although, once again she was very close to choosing Dora. she also choose what we ate for dinner and we had chicken nuggets and pears. Liz is so good at making people feel special, especially on their special day. I have learned so much from watching Liz as a mother, she inspires me. It takes an amazing person to have 8 kids and do it with as much grace and joy as Liz does.
Grant eating Cheerios in his new portable high chair. I think my kids are over there so often that Liz decided it might be beneficial to have a chair for Grant. He seems to like it.
Diane is Great with Grant. it is rumored that Diane and Marie used to fight over who got to hold Grant when he is a new born.
Marie has spent countless hours on the floor playing dinosaurs with Dallin. she is so patient and fun with the kids.
4 comments:
What a blessing to have such wonderful friends!
That is a blessing. I love that Patrick family.
I hope you are doing well. We love you and pray for you daily.
Happy Birthday Katelynn!
I have to say that you look really chic with your bandana. :)
that is so nice to have friends like that that you can count on. what a sweet lady, to make kaitlyn a cake, let her choose what they eat for dinner, etc. i am inspired, and i don't even know her! i hope you can get your chemo next week so you can keep the process moving, but i'm glad you got to spend the day with kaitlyn.
Post a Comment