Wednesday, March 26, 2008


Easter was great we went to Naples, and celebrated it with Cameron's parents, Grandpa Bennett and Cameron's brother Abe and his family.
The kids had a great time playing in Katelyn's tent house. it's a little house that you put together like a tent. I love it because when you take it down everything fits nicely in a small tote bag. The girls would bring in all the stuffed bears and read to them then put them down for naps. Dallin was in and out having a great time doing what ever the girls were doing.
From left to right: Emily, Dallin (you can only see his cute pudgy hands) Kathryn, Katelyn and Lauren.
Grant is at this fantastic age where he smiles and laughs at just about everything.
Of course we had to decorate the eggs, unfortunately the Easter bunny over slept and didn't get a chance to hide the hard boiled eggs. my nieces Kathryn and Emily were the only ones who noticed.

Dallin fell in love with "papa Great" as is typical with Dallin he wanted to share his treat. it's amazing that he is not even two and he is so thoughtful. Grandpa Bennett also fell in love with Dallin, it's hard not to when he's such a great kid.

with church starting at 9am and a half hour drive to get there I knew we would be pushing it close so I woke up at 6:30am showered and got ready before anyone got up. I also "checked" to see if any Easter eggs had been hidden outside, as I "checked" Katelyn noticed me so when I got inside I got her ready to go to. by that time the others were awake and we went to see what everyone had in their baskets. Katelyn's basket is spilling out behind me. All of the kids got oodles of stuff. they where thrilled. I got some much needed clothes. thanks! Cameron got Clogs that were too big.

Abe and Julie and their kids Lauren, Emily Brandon and Kathryn
Thankfully Julie brought her amazing SLR camera and we were able to get a Family shot, do you know how difficult it was to get Katelyn and Dallin to hold still for 2 minutes to take a picture... I think wrestling alligators would have been easier.
Dallin had the best time falling down, he loved it, he would run a bit then carefully fall and laugh like crazy.
Grandpa Bennett with the kids.
Katelyn and Lauren. They are exactly a month apart and great friends.

Katelyn and Dallin were not the fastest Easter egg finders. Abe and Julie's girls were far more experienced in this whole gathering Easter eggs thing and they rushed around gathering as many eggs as possible, Katelyn and Dallin were slow moving in comparison. At one point Julie pointed out to her daughters that they had a lot more eggs then Katelyn and Dallin had. so Kathryn and Emily decided to hide some of their own eggs for Katelyn and Dallin to find. It was very sweet.

it was great to have a sister-in-law who is as insistent with taking pictures as I usually am. Julie got some great pictures.
Louise and her Dad, Grandpa Bennett. He came to stay in Florida for a few months. it was great to see him again, Cameron and I have some wonderful memories visiting Grandma and Grandpa in Logan Utah while we were in school at BYU.

Grant looked the best with the bunny ears and he was excited as could be to wear them.

Grant with Grandpa Bill. Grant was so happy.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

You are so lucky to have family nearby- I loved looking at all the pictures, your children are adorable! Plus, I do have to say...you are looking really skinny in the pictures! Looks like you had a good time!!

Russell said...

Grant is THE cutest grinner!! Seriously, what a happy little guy, I love it! Your family is so darling, I love seeing the pictures. And you look pretty da@# good for just having a baby a few months ago! =0)