Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Summer

This summer has gone fast. School starts in one week. Before school let out,  I had high hopes of being completely organized, taking the time to teach my children basic household chores, piano and having set school time everyday were we would do science experiences and cool projects.

Most of that didn't happen.  but you know what? we've had a pretty great summer anyway.
We spent a lot of time with friends, whither it was at our house, their house, the pool, splash pads, water park or Chick-Fl-A, Everyday we hung out with lots and lots of friends. 

 We spent more time then I would have liked doing this, the youngest two kids discovered a love for Dumbo and Mickey Mouse. and would be completely happy watching them all day everyday If I let them.

We started the summer with a bang.... well with what I thought would be a bang...  I went to the store and got all these fun things to do for the summer and had everything set up so when the kids came home off the bus they would be so exited!!!  Unfortunately they didn't seem to notice and fought over who got the ninja turtle coloring book... I vowed never to do that again, but chances are I will do it again this next year, but there will be no ninja turtles. period.
I made a fun sign that we kept up all summer, the kids actually really did love that.
I'm in charge of play group and so to keep things simple we rotated through the different splash pads around town. there are 4 of them and we had a blast each week visiting different one.  Splash pads are great because everyone gets wet but we don't have to stress about drowning.
Plus if you have an empty cup it's even better!
For Father's day the kids and I made this awesome tie.  When I say the kids and I what I mean it they got to choose what would be on the tie and then help paint the face color then i finished the details while they were sleeping.  Cameron loved it!!!
We ventured into the world of bunny.  L and P especially LOVE the bunny and ask to see him every morning.  He lasted through the entire summer until the first day of school when he decided to escape from his hutch and got attacked by the neighbor's cat... we were all heart broken when we lost Nibbles. He was fun while he lasted.  good thing the cat was pretty cute and playful.
We got an unexpected amount of rain this summer,  considering Texas summers are usually very Dry and Very Very Hot.  its wasn't too bad.  The kids had a lot of fun playing in the rain.
Cameron and I got to go to Canada for Mason's wedding,  It was great!  we flew my mom in to stay with the kids while we enjoyed the amazing Canadian scenery.


We ended the summer with my friends throwing a non-baby shower celebrating baby #6.  I love living here, there are so many great and amazing people!!!  
overall we had a fantastic summer and can't wait for next year!

No comments: