Katelyn is pretty sure Valentine's day is right up there with Christmas, She get's SO excited and talks about it for weeks beforehand. We've had the "why do we have to go to school on Valentine's Day?" talk. It's fun to have someone get so excited, I'm pretty sure it's a girl thing because the boys are thrilled to get candy and that's about it.
For breakfast we have the tradition of having "special Cereal". It's basically any of the sugary cereal like fruit loops, peanut butter crunch, lucky charms etc. We only have it on Sundays and other special days, it's helps our kids get excited for those special days.
This year we decided to make all of the valentines. we had ":sweets" for the teachers, bus driver, secretary, crossing guard, etc.
and "fish" for our friends. it says, "I'm so glad we are in the same school" The kids were super excited to give them to their friends.
The babies and I went to "help" at Katelyn's and Dallin's class party. We went to Dallin's first and had a great time decorating sugar coolies and helping the kids pass out their valentine's to each other. katelyn's party was a little more health conscious, she had lots of fruit and veggies, which I appreciated, unfortunately by the time we got to Katelyn's party, the babies were done with sitting nicely in the stroller, so I didn't get a single picture of the festivities.
When daddy came home we had pink, heart shaped pancakes for dinner.
overall it was the perfect Valentine's day!
No comments:
Post a Comment