Saturday, February 23, 2013

Thoughts

My kids are growing way too fast.  I love watching them grow but it makes me sad. I find myself missing stages before we've even finished passing through them.

 I'm expecting our 6th baby, due in September, there is a good chance that this is our last and it makes me sad. I've been more sick with this one then I remember being with my others, but that's not saying much.  mostly I'm tired and don't want to cook or eat dinner.  I'm trying to workout a lot during this pregnancy, I've had a hard time losing weight after having the twins and I'm trying to get a head start on this one.  Yes there is just one. I had an ultra sound on Thursday just to be sure.

Cameron is busy at work,  he has decided to stay here for a Neurology Fellowship, it's one more year.  It was a hard decision, but we think it will be best for our family.  We have a nice house in a good neighborhood, the kids go to a great school. I always thought i would love moving someplace just for a year after all we moved 6 times in our first 8 year of marriage but now that our kids are the ages they are, I realize it's nice to have some stability.  Cameron is an awesome dad and an amazing husband.  He loves playing with the kids and making things special for them.  This morning he got up early and made us funnel cakes for breakfast.  The kids loved it!

Katelyn is growing so fast.  That girl loves to read. She begs to wake up early every morning so she can read in bed.  she always takes a few books with her where ever she goes, she reminds me of my dad in that way. He always had a book in his pocket for waiting in lines and such.  It's hard for me to remember how grown up she is getting, I have to remind myself not to treat her like a child.  She loves coming with me to activity days, with the other 8-11 year old girls.

Dallin is very smart.  Right now he is into Space stuff.  we love going to the library and he loves the nonfiction section. He checks out every book on a subject, he started with Dinosaurs, and now he's into solar systems and planets. Grant loves it too, I often hear them telling their friends random facts about different planets.  He also love X-Box they play Lego batman and Lego Harry Potter. We have a strict rule of no TV, X-box, or computer games on school nights. Which is a blessing, as I'm sure the kids would constantly ask me about it otherwise.  He is our best listener and is the only one who has figured out that if he hurries and does whatever we've asked him to do that he will have much more time to do what he wants.  He is a really good kid.

Grant is a Happy little boy.  He gets so excited about things he can hardly contain himself.  We are still working on his good listening skills but he is getting better.  He loves to help with the babies.  He is such a great big brother.   He loves school and does well. He is ready to go to school with the big kids, he will be there next year but that's not soon enough for him.  He loves X box, skylaner giants and angry bird things.  


Peter is a sweet cuddle baby who also have a mischievous side.  He love to make messes.  he loves to empty book cases and cupboards and when we tell him to stop he goes as fast as he can until we pick him up and physically remove him from the mess.  He also loves to tease Lilly.  He loves sealing her cuddle blanket and anything she is playing with and tries running away, Lilly is way faster then he is so he never gets far but he Laughs the whole time.  He is also fiercely protective of her and will, in his own way, tell us to get her when she is sad.

Lilly is a Smart little girl.  She knows how to get what she wants and usually what she wants is to be held.  She loves sitting on things, and even tries to sit on little barbie chairs, it's cute.  She has a new love of swinging and asked to be pushed all the time.  She is fast,  she can almost jump.  Lilly talks a little more then Peter does, She says a few works like cat, bye bye, uh oh, and no but mostly communicates by pointing. She does not like me to work out and insist that I hold her wherever she sees me exercising. She hates going to childcare but doesn't mind being babysat at someone's house. She loves to be in control of the snacks and holds the box only letting Peter get one when we make her.  She is fun loving and full of spirit.

we are excited for this new little one to join our family. I'm sure he or she will fit right in.

2 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

I was just going to do a rundown on my own kids too--since it's been a while--so we were on the same wavelength! :)
Elisabeth--you are such an incredible mom. I truly marvel at how lucky these kiddos are to have you and Cameron. I am amazed at your faith and beautiful attitude--
You inspire me and I am always reminded how I could be better and stronger--and kinder. :)
And we are THRILLED you are staying one more year!

Erika said...

I'm sure your little one will fit right in. If not, he or she could come live with us because you have pretty awesome kids :)