my kids are known for being very excited about life, but Christmas time puts their excitement on a whole new level. This year was no exception. They were up at 3am running into our room, so excited to tell us that Santa had come! I came out to see for myself and sure enough the stockings were filled and gifts were spilling out from under the tree. I told them that we had to wait for the babies and daddy to wake up before we could open presents and that they needed to go back to bed. They begged and pleaded for me to let them sleep on the couch so I said that they could. At 4am I woke up again to Katelyn and Grant giggling a whispering, I told them that they really should get some sleep, it would be hours, not minutes before everyone was awake. they did eventually drift off to sleep, Our alarm clock Peter woke us all up at 5:30am, It's been over a week since we've slept in past 5:30am, crazy boy.

This was by far the most loved gift. The kids picked it out for him, it's a batman car thing and He LOVES it.
We got a few games, this one called Fibber, is a new favorite, you try to fib about your cards and if you get caught you add to your nose until you have the longest nose. The kids are TERRIBLE at lying. it was hilarious! not that we are trying to teach our kids to lie.
apparently I only take pictures if you are wearing something funny on your face. something I don't have a picture of in our gumball machine, each of the kids wanted a gumball machine and their aunt and uncle got one for them. They LOVE it! They also loved the books they got from nana Net and the movies they got from aunt Becky.
It was a great Christmas, low key and relaxing. some friends invited us over to share leftovers and hang out. It was the absolute perfect way to end the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment