an advent calender has always been something I've wanted to do but I just don't plan that far in advance so by the time to do it I'm not prepared. This year was different, this year I got it planned before (okay, the night before) December 1st and actually finished the calendar that same week. So here we go!
Day 1. (Saturday) Help dad put up the lights
Some of us help best by not helping.
Day 2 (Sunday) Color a Christmas Picture
This activity was way more successful then I imagined, the kids LOVED it. and begged to do it over and over again. maybe next year we will just color a new picture everyday... that would be much easier.
Day 3 (Monday) Gingerbread House (bake Gingerbread)
This activity didn't go as planned... in fact, There may or may not be gingerbread dough in my fridge still waiting to be made into a gingerbread house... it's almost been there for a month... I wonder how long gingerbread dough stays good?
Day 4 (Tuesday) Make Treats or snowflakes
Day 5 (Wednesday) reindeer Pancakes
yep his hair looks like that every morning
no Katelyn did not get to eat two pancakes, she is just keeping an eye on it to make sure no one else eats it... or something.
Day 6 (Thursday) Have friends over to dance to
Christmas music
we decorated sugar cookies instead. although we do often have friends over to rock out in our living room I didn't get any pictures of that... next time.
Day 7 (Friday) Christmas movie night
some of our good friends invited us over to their house for a movie night, hey, we'll take it!
Day 8 (Saturday) story time at school
I love the school my kids go to. They invited the Kindergarten and 1st graders to come to a story time. they had different stations where they got to play games and do crafts, super organized and super fun.
Day 9 (Sunday) make something yummy to take to our
friends
these only made it to about 6 families... but we had really good intentions.
Day 10 (Monday) Lights at Blora- didn't happen
Day 11 (Tuesday) Christmas Craft- didn't happen
Day 12 (Wednesday) secret service- didn't happen- hopefully next year I can plan better.
Day 13 (Thursday) hot coco with Friends- I don't have pictures but we did do it.
Day 14 (Friday) Christmas Game night- also no pictures but it did happen
Day 15 (Saturday) camp-out in front of tree-didn't happen
Day 16 (Sunday) make and take treats to friends- we made the treats, but they didn't make it out of our kitchen
Day 17 (Monday) Act out Nativity- we did it, but no pictures.
Day 18 (Tuesday) Snowman Pancakes totally did it, but again, no pictures
Day 19 (Wednesday) Make Christmas Cards for teachers- we colored Christmas pictures instead... I think.
Day 20(Thursday) Look at lights in the neighborhood- did it!
Day 21 (Friday) Fun Friend Activity!- did it!
Day 22 (Saturday) Movie Night with Friends- did it! kind of, we didn't end up having friends over.
Day 23 (Sunday) Deliver treats to friends and
neighbors -we had the missionaries over for dinner instead.
Day 24 (Monday) Christmas Eve activities
Mary and Joseph
Shepards
wise persons
Day 25 (Tuesday) CHRISTMAS!!! Friends over for
Christmas dinner- we actually went to someone else's house for dinner, it was perfect!
it was fun to have activities to look forward to everyday, I should have put the activities in my phone so that I was better prepared for them rather then remembering that morning that we were suppose to do a service project or what not. The kids were super excited about it and we will totally do it again!
1 comment:
So cute! I am totally stealing it for next year.
Post a Comment