Sunday, April 15, 2012

Dallin's birthday and our special Easter.

 This year we wrote the Easter Bunny and explained that we wanted to do our own special Easter on Saturday and we wouldn't need him this year.  and We had an amazing Easter.  It also happened to be Dallin's birthday and that was super fun too.  
 Saturday morning the kids woke up, super excited and ready to find Easter eggs, and gifts.  Each child got the same amount of eggs they each had a color that they found which made it more fair for everyone.  Last week Target had a sale on their toys and I made the mistake of taking the kids with me to go see what they had, of course the kids found some toys they couldn't live without and they were a good deal so we got them and decided to give the toys as Easter presents. so that morning I hid their toys, the eggs and their Easter baskets which mostly had random things I found on clearance after the summer.  The kids LOVED it.  and I loved it.  I loved having this part of Easter be on Saturday, I loved getting credit for everything the kids got and I loved having 3 special eggs that didn't have candy or a prize but had a slip of paper explaining that the child got to choose a red box movie for the family to watch, and someone else got to pick a date to get donuts or ice cream as a family and the last one got to do a family swim at the indoor pool that we happen to have passes for.  Also because it was Dallin's birthday he got to choose a special cereal to eat for breakfast, He choose Cookie Krisp
Lilly and Peter didn't get anything for Easter, I know, mean mom, but they didn't seem to mind.

 after our special Easter, we went down to Cameron's work Easter party.  in the past they've had bounce houses, and train tractor rides and all sorts of fun, this year they didn't have any of that but they did have live bunnies, hey we'll take what we can get.

 Cameron makes this twin thing look pretty easy.

 The kids had fun with the snow cones and the egg hunt.  I'm pretty sure that was their favorite part.
 unfortunately they got banana and bubblegum flavored snow cones... really?? that's just gross.
 Lilly got a bit hungry and tired as we waited for the egg hunt to start.
 Peter was a bit concerned about the whole thing.
 Everyone looks better with a fire truck on their head.
 the kids have decided to try their hand at photography, so we've been getting a lot of pictures that look like this...  it may be hard to tell in these pictures but Peter is usually all smiles.
 after the egg hunt we went to the baby blessing the Brough's baby, of one of our dear friends.  The kids had fun running around outside with their friends after the blessing.

1 comment:

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

So fun to catch up on the blog. Lot's of posts I haven't read. And I won't tell Dallin how handsome he looks, but he sure does! Cute cute pictures!