Saturday, June 02, 2012

A Birthday Party in June

You may not know this about our family but we don't have any kids born in June... or May for that matter. but Dallin was born in April, the first week of April in fact. Unfortunately that was right smack in the middle of soccer season and we had 3 players this year which made for very busy Saturdays and even busier week day evening so we kept putting it off until we hoped he would forget, but that's the thing about Dallin, he NEVER forgets ever!  so in June, long after soccer was over and we didn't have any more excuses we threw the most amazing Angry Bird party.
We started off a week early creating paper Mache pig and red bird... it was much trickier, messier and in general harder then I thought it would be.  The last time I had done paper Mache was over 10 years ago when I was a sophomore at BYU. Still trying to figure out why my roommates and I were doing it then.
We put the red bird on display... not sure why we didn't take a picture of it, the photographer should be fired. and the Pig we filled with candy the kids got to throw bean bags at it until it broke... I think... I can't really remember what happened, I know bean bags were in the plan but it doesn't seem like that ended up working out for us... that's the problem with blogging months after the fact.
Of course we don't know how to have small parties, there are just too many people we love it's hard to not invite them all, so the night before I made 4 dozen cupcakes.  They were much easier to make then I thought.  and Dallin LOVED them.


Lilly and Peter loved the party, especially because their daddy was happy to play in the water with them.  What lucky babies.
another shot of the pig... because you can't get enough of that guy.


I was busy doing birthday party thing, Thankfully Robyn is always willing to help with one of the babies. 
Katelyn thought it was an awesome party,  how could you not?

1 comment:

Julia said...

Oh my gosh! My boys would LOVE this party! You did great!