Monday, May 09, 2011

some not bad news

my ultra sound today showed that there was the slightest improvement in each baby's flow of blood meaning that their red blood cell count is a tiny bit higher.. a good sign,  but we also saw that there is slightly more fluid surrounding their organs, our baby girl especially has a lot of fluid.... not a good sign.  I have another appointment on Thursday to see if the anemia is improving,  if things aren't looking better we will do a blood transfusion on Monday,  if it does we will likely have another ultra sound to monitor progress.

so not  necessarily good news, but also not bad news,  overall I feel better about this whole situation.  Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, please keep them coming.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Cam and Elisabeth -
We just read your blog and are thinking of you and waiting to hear the next update. Thank you for posting and letting us know. We love you and will be praying continually for your sweet boy and girl and your whole family. It's in the Lord's hands, He will take care of them. We love you!
Jeff and Sheryl

winter said...

First Congrats! wow! I'll be praying for you and your fam. Twins must be int he water, huh? :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Elisabeth~ I have been wondering how you guys were doing and we got the email the other day. I will be praying for your babies and for you and Cameron.
Love,
Lizette