Sunday, May 30, 2010

Backyard Camping

We've been meaning to take the kids camping for a while, but it hasn't happened, it's too hot, too cold Cameron has to work, we have to wake up early.. we have a million excuses. on Memorial day we put all excuses aside and set up the tent in the back yard, The kids were so excited they could hardly stand it.

Cameron made a fire in his little barbecuer and the kids roasted marshmallows on metal hangers, unhinged and sanitized of course.   





once it got dark we tried catching fireflies but the mosquitoes were better at catching us so we retreated to the tent where the kids played with their flashlights and the parents lamented the lack of airflow on a humid night.

Grant had an especially difficult time settling down so finally at 10pm I took him inside to sleep in the house, he walked to the kitchen and tried making himself comfortable on the kitchen floor, before long I was able to convince him to sleep on the living room floor but it did take some persuasion.

Katelyn soon followed us in and insisted on being my cuddle buddy in my bed.  and cuddle she did, as I tried to move away and have some space she cuddled even closer. I came close to falling off the bed a few times,  now i know what my sisters felt like, they did not enjoy sharing a bed with me because I tended to do the exact same thing and they were either left squished against the wall or hanging off the side of the bed.

Dallin slept great out in the tent, Cameron on the other hand didn't get much sleep to speak of but he stuck it out and made it until morning.  what a trooper!

1 comment:

Amy Lou said...

It's true! You and Sarah both were horrible bed-buddies! We never got much sleep when we had to share with you guys...then we figured out we should put you guys together and everyone was happier...or at least Becky and I were happier!