Saturday, December 01, 2007

Away in a Manger

Our ward has a Christmas tradition of having the nursery children act out the nativity while the a narrative is being read and the primary children are singing. it's so cute to see the small children standing around a manger wondering what to do, seeing their parents in the audience, waving, running out to them and then running back to check out that manger. Katelyn was chosen to be Mary while Dallin was on the verge of being a sheep, he was not at all happy being a sheep (I can't blame the kid, it was in the high 70's and the sheep was not recently shorn) He thought it would be most fun to run around clad in nothing more then a diaper... which I sure would have come off before long. somehow we convinced him to be a cow... you know.. the Cattle are lowing... he was a darling cow, unfortunately we didn't get a great cow picture, just a suspicious cow picture, we will take what we can get.
Waiting patiently for the program to begin... Dallin deciding he was not meant to be a sheep... no way am I actually going to be zipped up in this thing... it even had a cute bell... oh well, maybe when we move to someplace a bit chillier.
Katelyn did a fantastic job as Mary, she took very good care of baby Jesus
Katelyn showing us how small Jesus is... I think she is exaggerating a little
The little manger... Dallin was not thrilled that I wanted him to stop running so we could take a picture.

our suspicious look cow.... so cute!

1 comment:

Jared and Delia said...

your kids are so cute. I don't know how you do it with three kids and a husband in medical school. you are amazing!