Friday, September 14, 2012

All grown up and saving China...

 Why do kids have to grow so fast?  This year all three of these cuties are going to school. Katelyn is starting 2nd grade, Dallin is starting first and Grant is most excited to be in Pre K. and when I say most excited I mean waking up at 6am, dressed from head to toe, can hardly sit through breakfest jumping out of his seat excited. 
After we get ready we usually head down to the end of our street and wait for my friend Robyn to pick up the kids.  Walking isn't usually involved. racing at full speed to see who can get there first is more like it.
Katelyn is starting 2nd grade... I totally remember 2nd grade... that's weird. She had grown so much this year. She reads like a maniac and is actually very helpful around the house especially when it comes to watching Lilly and Peter.
I'm not sure how it's possible but Dallin has actually become even more silly.  He also has about 3 teeth left in his mouth... ok not really but the tooth fairy has become very familiar with our house... she even almost always remembers before the kids wake up... now that's skills.
One last shot before they go into the school.  Why do they have to grow so fast?
Grant's in an afternoon Pre-K program so he got to have a brunch with mommy and a few friends before heading to school.   Ms McDaniel was Katelyn and Dallin's teacher when they were each in Pre-K She is pretty much amazing!
I was running late so I decided to drop Grant off in the car line rather then walk him in... silly, I know, but in my mind I just didn't want him to be late on his first day.  Anyways, as I pulled up to drop him off he burst into uncontrollable tears.  He kept going on about how he didn't want to go to that school he wanted to go to the other school.  Thinking that he meant he wanted to go to the same school as Katelyn and Dallin I kept trying to reassure him that he would go to their school next year. still, uncontrollable tears so I decided to circle around the school so I could park and walk him in.  As we approached the front entrance he looked up and said. "oh, this is the school I was talking about!"  apparently he didn't recognize his school at the drop off line and thought i was dropping him off to some random school rather then the school he went to when he met his teacher.  After he figured all that out, he was all smiles.
Love that sweet little boy. I'm going to miss hanging out with my little buddy all day but at least I still get him in the morning. 

Pintrest has become my new best friend... not really all you real best friends out there...  anyways I  got the idea for these teacher gifts from pintrest and the kids were so excited about it.
It seems we're off to a great year.

4 comments:

Steve and Donna said...

I love your daughter's freckles and your back to school idea- very creative!

Heidi said...

I love your kids! They're just so darling!! And those school supply cakes-towers are amazing!!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about you and glad I know where to go when I do :) Your little twins are getting so big. May God continue to bless you and your beautiful family!

Unknown said...

Grant looks just like your brother!